Steam Tip Dial, Cheap

Maybe I should try the foam knife. Do you have a link
by trebornnylf
11 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 14
Views: 281

Help with spritzers- puck prep

I've had good luck pulling darker roasted coffee with the (delightfully price) 14 gram EPHQ basket. As you will see, it can hold a lot more than 14 grams
Advertisement
by Paris92
15 minutes ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 9
Views: 132

Espresso Cafe Suggestions for London?

Great stuff! Thanks
by bnjmn
20 minutes ago
Replies: 8
Views: 101

7g VST/LM Single Shot Basket Tips

Copy that. Will do. When you say updose on the LM1, do you mean 8g+? Or what do you mean? Wouldn't that mean it blooms beyond the 41mm tamper rim?
by bakafish
26 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 6
Views: 251

Steam Tip Dial, Cheap

Your latte art skill is better than mine , but the milk foam quality is much worse, just as the steam dial performance on my Cremina. You can see there are many bubbles
by pumpkinscastle
32 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 19
Views: 666

Differences between Ww core 80mm and Ssp 83mm HU in espresso

Not really in my view. They are my daily burr set for both filter and espresso. The latter works fine, but yes, you are in the very fine grind range. However, consistency is great in the espresso range as well. I see no problems producing 1:2 shots from 18 grams of light roast coffees at approx 6.5 bar brew pressure
by exidrion
37 minutes ago
Replies: 8
Views: 101

7g VST/LM Single Shot Basket Tips

Only way to get dry pucks is to updose, but that defeats the purpose of a single. My tips: - Don't use the prewet feature if youre pulling Italian roasts - use the LM1 basket - Shoot for a time of 20-25 seconds
by smac88
40 minutes ago
Views: 144

Switching between Flair 58 and Robot - grind size?

Okay, so if I typically dose 18g in the VST basket, are talking like 16g in the Robot?
by Milligan
43 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 1
Views: 21

Cold brew coffee.

I find that cold brew is very sensitive to the grind. While "the internet" likes to trivialize cold brew and make it seem like it is easy to throw whatever beans in there, I've found quite the opposite. Too light and you get a weak, acid forward brew that does not dilute well. Too dark and it tastes
by Jonk
46 minutes ago
Views: 144

Switching between Flair 58 and Robot - grind size?

So you're likely using a fairly fine grind with that VST basket. If you don't want to change the setting you'd need to dose a bit less in the Robot basket or perhaps pre-infuse for longer