Recent Posts

by FORDHAM, 17 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 215

Olympia Cremina - steam wand replacement

My Olympia Cremina is also from 72 and I have the same problem, did you get any solution from Migg Frei? I'd like to change that barite but I can't find that nut as it doesn't have a normal thread pitch
by renatoa, 46 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 17 Views: 2137

Chinese ALM lever

More coffee "distillery" tools {link}
by GEGIJr, 49 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 49 Views: 1803

Help: Bottomless Portafilter Spitting All Over Creation

I would hope your $2500 grinder is better than my $570 grinder otherwise you got shafted You are pretty much spot on with the suggestion I use dark roast, grind coarser and pull a larger ratio. That's pretty much what I do. It helps that I don't even like most light roast coffee especially with a
by malling, Today, 5:04 am in Grinders
Replies: 5 Views: 351

Momentem: First Dual Burr Two Phase Manual Grinder

Yes it's too large but to fine meshed for this to actually work. I sieved allot and I just don't see this work, sieving anything below 400um is a massive annoyance and take considerable time to be repeatable, I just don't see how it would work and be effective at it. Below 400um don't just dislodge itself
by vze26m98, Today, 4:58 am in Grinders
Replies: 790 Views: 77163

Weber Key Grinder

Got my ship notice from Weber last night, east coast US. IGG #129, onyx
by objective1, Today, 4:58 am in Coffees
Replies: 11 Views: 389

Blue Bottle coffee beans larger volume?

@Alan what you describe sounds like what they told me.. A good shot of that coffee should be heavily viscous to the bottom of the cup.. rich deep chocolate, and have a looonnnggg lingering chocolate finish... i can remember the finish literally an hour after drinking the shot... A very nice
by Agathorn, Today, 4:23 am in Grinders
Replies: 198 Views: 17898

Ditting 807 Lab Sweet user experience

I have tried a lot of V60, Chemex and filter brew using a moccamaster and I run into the same issue on them all. The tast up front is really good. But after about 5 seconds of taking a sip there is a shart bitterness coming through. This morning for example I brew a V60 with 36 grams using 7,8
by Ypuh, Today, 4:17 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 2 Views: 133

Decent espresso de1pro or xxl? Which Model for small Cafe?

Send Decent an e-mail?
by malling, Today, 3:58 am in Grinders
Replies: 15 Views: 527

3 Burr Sets, 1 Grinder. Worth It?

It's definitely not night and day, go in and see Hoffmann who proves he in triangular can guess different burrs correctly, most cannot even do so. He speaks very clearly about diminishing returns and about them as relatively small differences in their balance. No burrs is going to make a fruity coffee taste like chocolate and walnuts nor the other
by Amberale, Today, 3:44 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3274 Views: 504897

Lever Espresso Machine Gallery

To (mis)quote Monty Python, "Here comes another one". This turned up and I couldn't leave it alone. {image}