Recent Posts

by Jeff, 9 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 11 Views: 137

Mod/Upgraded Breville Bambino Experience

No worries. With whatever you throw at it. Baskets, once out of "crema" or pressurized, and screens don't make a lot of difference and more expensive there isn't necessarily "better". There are fundamental challenges with the water-delivery system in that class of machine. "Cheap", not "undervalued" (though, for what it is at its price, the Bambino or Plus is probably...
by lukehk, 16 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 10 Views: 319

Bottled water mix suggestions for espresso machine

Not yet. I found just evian and distilled very clean tasting. Never had a problem with it. I just thought I would try increasing it more in line with some recommendations on the decent forum. My use.of it for espresso has been limited though as I've been playing around with Rao's filter 2.0 profile which is longer 1:5 ratios with...
by BaristaBoy E61, 17 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 5 Views: 71

Trying to decide between Barista Touch vs Dual boiler, please help me

Welcome to HB Jack. As I agree with Jeff & Nunas I'll only address your automatic steamed milk to produce latté art. Absent you learning how to manually steam milk proficiently, there is little else but one choice, the Victoria Arduino Eagle One Prima with the 'Perfect Milk' option. {link} Watch the video starting at about 21-minutes in to see...
by Boldjava, 26 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 1208 Views: 129482

What is wow'ing you?

Loved, loved the pic.
by redbone, 28 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 350 Views: 21931

Canadian Roasters: Canucks...What are you drinking?

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you prefer something closer to a traditional Italian espresso flavour. Two Ontario roasters come to mind. 1) Java Works in Mississauga {link} and up the street from them. 2) Barocco Coffee Roasters. {link} These are the links to their espresso blends. Read the item descriptions for what appeals to your taste.
by redbone, 42 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1 Views: 61

1Zpresso K max grind setting and burr seasoning

Also have a J-Max which I use only for espresso. Although 1zpresso claims the J-Max to be an all around grinder it's divinely geared towards espresso considering the small incremental settings and burr set. Took me a while to find the sweet spot for my current setup LP Europiccola but once dialed in I have not needed to change the...
by nick_111, 43 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 10 Views: 319

Bottled water mix suggestions for espresso machine

That's interesting. Thanks for the suggestion. I guess it's the easiest way to reach a more "optimal" level of hardness in this case. How do you like this water recipe compared to just mixing evian and distilled ? Do you find it improves the taste of the coffee ?
by Bradyvil, 48 minutes ago in Espresso Machines

And I'm so sorry to clarify here, but do you mean with all stock parts and pressurized basket? Just wanna be sure you're saying Bambino WITH the IMS upgrades. Not trying to be disrespectful, just asking for clarification. I've always been that goof who tries to take undervalued / underdog / cheap things and attempt to get them to levels...
by TomC, 49 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 1208 Views: 129482

What is wow'ing you?

We took an overnight trip to the Sierra Nevada foothills, to the little gold mining town that launched the Gold Rush, Sutter Creek over the weekend. All the architecture is still gold rush victorian and well preserved. One very cute cafe was serving Chocolate Fish coffee out of Sacramento and everything was delicious. I came home with a bag of...
by Bradyvil, 52 minutes ago in Espresso Machines

Thank you for more feedback, by "nothing made much of a difference" do you mean you couldn't get the Breville to succeed, or are you saying the Breville didn't taste a ton different than other options? As for standard baskets, I'd be using IMS basket and shower screen. So that may help a smidge. I'm not just trying to be...