Recent posts

by AdubKW
less than a minute ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 6
Views: 595

La Marzocco Linea Micra auto standby stopped working

Recieved my Micra yesterday. Pull some espresso yesterday. Set up standby mode and machine will not power on. I've tried the move paddle to dispense and it still wont turn on. Ive tried turning the switch off and on and unplugging it. The app shows the machine is not connected. I can't access the machine via the
by JordanK
8 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 12
Views: 423

Upgrading to a temperature stable espresso machine that can go back-to-back seamlessly.

Clearly suggested machines are all top notch and will deliver excellent temperature stability. In that sense answering the OP's question. And stable temps are important and worthwhile of course. But I'm still stuck on a drop in temp from back to back shots on a PID controlled machine causing the shot to run fast. Taste worse, perhaps. Be
Advertisement
by mgrayson
22 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 65
Views: 2305

ACS waiting times

It arrived, it's beautiful, and I've suddenly become a better roaster, as my disappointing batch used for testing is delicious. However! No assembly instructions, and I put a little dent in the case by screwing up trying to get the feet on. Well, first scratch in the car... It looks like it comes with a full group rebuild kit
by cannonfodder
31 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 1972
Views: 330657

Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine

Curly Carlo walnut portafilter handles and group head stud for a Decent. {image} {image}
by Madscrambler
31 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1
Views: 35

Pre-Millennium La Pavoni Europiccola Wiring

I am surprised no knowledgeable person has responded to your careful post. I own and have rebuilt an old Pavoni like yours and when I look at your photo, if that is your machine, I can not see the burnt wiring. If that is your machine pictured and it works as you said; why not use it for
by Cranked
32 minutes ago
Replies: 0
Views: 9

Hopper fed grinder

Hi all, I'm looking for a hopper fed grinder for med-dark to dark espressos. These are usually SO coffees, the roasts never get to second crack. We have a Sette 270 currently, which has been solid for a couple years. The new grinder will replace the Sette, and the Sette will be used for decaf.
by Mike48123
38 minutes ago
Views: 7

GS3 Pre-Heater Element Question

For those wondering, I think I figured it out. The element on the right side in the steam boiler just takes the cold water and runs it through a copper tube so that it warms it up. That's at least what it looks like to me as I'm looking at it more. I am curious
by joiglan
40 minutes ago
Replies: 28
Views: 1287

Is Heat Exchanger Temperature Stability Really That Bad?

How about fitting a PID to the Gaggia? I'm assuming since it is a column of water held, it will be beneficial to hitting target desired temperatures over the pressurestat (?) system as stock? I guess there isn't as much of a 'system at play' as there is on an E61 HX, so maybe it can provide an accurate control?
by wildtigg3r
46 minutes ago
Replies: 0
Views: 12

Faema Faemina - User Experiences

To current/past Faema Faemina owners, I'm interested in the Faema Faemina espresso machine, however, I don't see a lot of reviews about it (eg, internet, youtube). Was hoping if any current and/or past owners can chime in on their experience with the machine. The good, bad, and ugly. Thank you in advance
by Mike48123
47 minutes ago
Views: 7

GS3 Pre-Heater Element Question

I've made the determination that I need to replace my steam boiler heating element. I've tested it out and it's out of spec. Going through the parts manual, I saw that there's a third element that's the "Preheat Element", part number T.1.046. I feel like I'm missing something here. How is this element used if