Recent Posts

by Pressino, 3 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 2 Views: 136

KINGrinder manual grinders. The new king of value?

I note the K4 specs differ from those of the J-Max in these ways: 1) weight: JMax = 780g and K4= 630; and 2) grind size increment: JMax=8.8 microns and K4 = 16 microns (and 90 clicks per revolution in the JMax versus 60 with the K4). The 150g of extra weight in the JMax suggests (though doesn't prove) sturdier...
by francesco_ITA, 6 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 16 Views: 577

Bottled water mix suggestions for espresso machine

The alkalinity value of 40 is still acceptable or being exactly at the lower bound it might lead to potential corrosive issues if the mix is not always exactly 50:50?
by Tempusse, 7 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 78

La Pavoni Europiccola - water coming up before I pull down the lever

Thanks a lot I will give it a go and let you know. Also, thanks for the tip on the search function of the forum I'll use it more and more often going forward
by francesco_ITA, 19 minutes ago in Water

Indeed...the 1/2 factor, little but crucial details, all good, thanks again nick and homeburrero!!
by Pressino, 25 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 6 Views: 97

Flow control: Can a boiler pressure gauge be used instead of a grouphead one?

The boiler pressure gauge usually reads from 0 to 3 bar, so it wouldn't be suitable for measuring brew pressure, even if you could install one at the brew chamber. The best solution for HX e61 machines would be to install a dual reading temp/pressure gauge with the appropriate ranges in the access hole (which is used for maching access...
by homeburrero, 26 minutes ago in Water

Nikos is spot on. Each value in a mix needs to be multiplied by its fraction of the mix. In your bicarbonate example: HCO₃⁻ : 74 mg/L * 0.5 + 24 mg/L * 0.5 = 49 mg/L And converting that to CaCO3 equivalent, 49 * 0.82 = 40.2 The amounts of carbonate (CO₃²⁻ ), bicarbonate (HCO₃⁻ ), and carbonic acid...
by Kristijan, 27 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 0 Views: 9

DeLonghi Dedica first use

Hi i just bought DeLonghi Dedica 685 and i love it At first use i immediately made espresso and didn't follow the instructions manual to rinse the internal circuit first. I pressed the double espresso button and it started making loud noise and nothing happened, there was no flow of coffee. Same at the second try, and then after third...
by Nunas, 27 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 1 Views: 80

Coffee roasting machine - Help needed

Kia ora, The biggest batch I've tried on my Quest M6 is 640 grams; I think it would do slightly more, but not a kilo. Have you looked at the Allio Bullet? When I bought my M6, the Bullet was also on my short list. I opted for the Quest because it is so dirt simple that anyone can easily...
by cassady, 36 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 42

Quickmill Anita - No water from grouphead.

Thanks, Nico. I pulled the gasket and shower screen and cleaned off the dispersion screw (which was filthy -- oops). Got down to the brass, and tried to get the screw off, first with a big flathead screwdriver, then with a flattened washer in a pair of vice grips (I saw this advice here on a thread); neither worked (although...