Recent Posts

by hercdeisel, 13 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 9 Views: 379

Kuma "Balanced" espresso

Funny this came up as I was just about to ask about it. I've been working my way around a few different roaster's espresso blends after a long run of single origins...just trying to recalibrate myself a bit...last two bags have been Bird Rock Monkey Bite and Olympia Big Truck and I had a much easier time (also a verve...
by Trull, 19 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 126

Advice on choosing Mazzer Super Jolly or DF64

Now there is another player on the court, a manual grinder, who had not thought of it at all. It is true that with the Pavoni I am not going to do several shots. I really don't know how good it is to have a manual grinder. Anyone with experience? Thanks for the feedback.
by BSdV, 26 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 7 Views: 156

Brew grinder, budget <$1,000 USD

The specialita was our first electric grinder. It came highly recommended by reading a bunch of reviews and also the shop where I bought my comandante c40 (few weeks later) was raving about it. Although perhaps better at espresso it was touted to be a grinder that could do it all. Without being over the top expensive. For brew I...
by napierzaza, 28 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 5

Making custom knobs for my Profitec 700

I always wanted custom knobs for my Profitec 700. But I bought the machine used and it had stock ones on it. Custom ones were just too steep a price for me, so I kind of thought that was that. The after a few years I randomly got access to some free slabs of 2" walnut. I figured I might...
by Whitecrane, Yesterday, 11:53 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 20 Views: 574

Newbie friendly pourover?

Basically immersion with a paper filter finish. Is 'switch' a V60? If I use it with the hatch open, am I basically doing a V60 pour over? I already own a gooseneck kettle, but my scale is a basic food scale. Do I need a more responsive coffee scale for pour over?
by TomC, Yesterday, 11:45 pm in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 12 Views: 1239

Diffuser Screens

Welcome to HB Mike! I use the same basket and the Flair screen on my DE 1 and quite like the results I get. I don't get the donut extractions, but I think that's more a matter of prep. I'm assuming you're pulling these with the Crossland?
by athoangphan, Yesterday, 11:41 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3 Views: 93

Project: Old Elektra "Deliziosa"

Hope all goes well tomorrow, John!
by Jeff, Yesterday, 11:39 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 55

Grinder Advice - Single dose (P64 vs Weber Key)

Welcome to H-B! What are your preferences in espresso? Do you enjoy classic, medium, or light roasts? What is important to you in the overall flavor of espresso? (To me, "flavor" includes everything, not just the taste)
by TomC, Yesterday, 11:36 pm in Coffees
Replies: 9 Views: 379

Kuma "Balanced" espresso

I'd probably put a coffee like this in storage (not a freezer) for a week, not opening it frequently, just let it age longer then try again.
by Gandalf_wiz, Yesterday, 11:05 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 55

Grinder Advice - Single dose (P64 vs Weber Key)

Hi All, Looking for advice on a new grinder. Currently have a Macap m42d. Was intrigued by e65s GBW but I want to move to single dose grinder. Currently debating between the Lagom P64 vs the Weber Key grinder. Anyone have experience with either or both? Looking for any advice and am open to other suggestions as well. I will...