Recent Posts

by truemagellen, 1 minute ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 91

Used Elektra Microcasa a Leva with shipping damage - safe to use? Worth repairing?

I saw this listing. I dealt with a similar issue in the past. Shipping something of this size and with delexate parts and the guy put it in soft foam and it literally cut through the foam and was sticking out of the box where it was deformed. Just return it. Unless you know a guy who is highly skilled...
by kidloco, 5 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 76

I just placed my order for a Decent Espresso DE1XL and can't wait to receive it!

I am just talking about this bolded part. Decent will take you there no closer than Bianca in my opinion (had both machines). Good for you that you like data because you will have a lot of it. We can debate on how useful it is, and is your road to that perfect cup will be frustrating or not. Decent...
by K7, 27 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 4 Views: 98

Ethiopia - Gedeo Natural (Black Oak Roasters)

FWIW, most of my recent light roasts from BO and CCC became better after 2-3 weeks of resting. Less rough around the edges, sweeter, more saturated flavor colors...
by BaristaBoy E61, 39 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 25

CMA group head venting

I just want to say that's one gorgeous looking machine! Is that a temperature gauge mounted on the group? I otherwise don't have the experience or knowledge to comment on your thread.
by iploya, 51 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 4 Views: 98

Ethiopia - Gedeo Natural (Black Oak Roasters)

Just checking back. Thanks for the replies. Water temp as high as 204F (BDB). 204F and 202F are both good. And, fwiw, 85% of full pressure (my thought was to help the puck survive a bit longer). My best shot was this afternoon when I went back just a hair finer and kept at 18/40g. Very, very careful with puck...
by bangjampang, 56 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 132 Views: 13159

Ditting 807 Lab Sweet user experience

Unfortunately this elusive grinder will still keep being rare. i placed my order on May and up until now it keeps delaying, just now the distributor informed me that Ditting will only start shipping on January... quite disappointed that my first experience dealing with company such as Ditting feels like a Kickstarter project
by DougCanuck, 57 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 25

CMA group head venting

{image} I think it would be a good idea to vent the spring area of the cylinder of a CMA group head, as is done in the attached photo. It would prevent the accumulation of water and corrosion of the spring when water manages to eventually leak through the lip seals. Is there any reason not to make the cutouts?...
by cannonfodder, 58 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 57

Expobar Brewtus IV issues.

OPV and pump adjustment are 2 different things. OPV adjustes the maximum npressure in the closed hydrolic system. As water heats it expands. You want to vent pressure so the internals are not exposed to excessive pressure. That is the OPV valve that vents into the drip tray. A rotery pump has a locking nut that you will need to...
by cannonfodder, Yesterday, 11:09 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 136

Cleaning E61 grouphead (stubborn hard water stains)

I have never had a problem on the surfaces that would not clean up with a lightly damp microfiber cloth. You could try something like Mothers mag polish, Flitz, semichrome, etc on a microfiber.
by Nate42, Yesterday, 11:04 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 20 Views: 672

Angled pucks after Robot shots.

Puckology means little on any machine, and even less than most on the robot. I have to admit though that that is pretty strange and I can't say I have ever seen it before. Still, if your tamp is level, nothing is blatantly broken, and the shots are good, it pretty much has to be something happening when you lift...