Recent Posts

by ira, 8 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 3 Views: 187

LaColombe Dragon Brewer

If the local college has a chemistry department you might see if they have a glass lab, UC Irvine in your case I believe. A lot of serious chemistry departments have people who make custom setups for experiments. Find one of those and figure out what it takes to convince the glass blower to make you one. Ira
by baristainzmking, 11 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 17 Views: 1060

Wife demands better espresso machine

Congratulations! Enjoy your new toys!
by ira, 12 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 9 Views: 483

Momentem: First Dual Burr Two Phase Manual Grinder

But it's a burr, and it's adjustable. So while technically it's being used as a pre-breaker, it's not really designed for that purpose. I'm not saying that's good or bad, just pointing something out. Ira
by drgary, 13 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 20 Views: 545

Robusta Coffee For Espresso

Exactly. That's why I recommended them. I'm more careful these days about posting very skeptical takes where I don't have actual experience
by LewBK, 17 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 9 Views: 483

Momentem: First Dual Burr Two Phase Manual Grinder

If you watch the video around minute 3, the first upper burr is like a pre-breaker as far as I can tell while the second lower burr is more refined
by ash4889, 18 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 17 Views: 673

Smallest Kafatek

I really want to thank all of you guys who gave me your opinions, I'm leaning toward the lagoon but my mouth is watering for the monolith. One of the reasons why I like it better it's the quality and the craftsmanship of the craftsmanship of the built, I can tell if heads and tails over the Langom. I
by Ypuh, 21 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 5 Views: 183

Fiorenzato F64 XGi vs Mahlkonig E65S GbW

Were you able to make a decision? I'm kind of stuck between the MK and Etzmax LW/MW too. The MK seems a lot more grinder for your money, and the Medium W is even significantly more expensive if you ask around (+/- €400-500). The Etzmax seems like a lighter grinder with small conical burrs. Both are blazing fast
by Morefield, 23 minutes ago in Buy/Sell
Replies: 0 Views: 21

[FS] Lightly used ECM S-Automatik 64 Grinder

Hi guys, new here. I bought this ECM grinder at Clive here in Portland June 2020. My Sette 270 had broken and this was all they had at the time. I ended up fixing the Sette and this sat unused thinking I would return it once Clive started taking in used equipment again. Anyway, they aren't
by gflashner1, 31 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 3 Views: 187

LaColombe Dragon Brewer

Dear Damian, Thanks very much for your reply, notes and recommendation. Yes, correct that the mechanism used by the LaColombe Dragon is essentially a manual syphoning process (as opposed to a heat generated syphon). Yes, the outside cooling sleeve on the brewing chamber was definitely unique! And
by Pressino, 33 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 20 Views: 545

Robusta Coffee For Espresso

I haven't recently bought beans from Mr. E, so I will have to go there again soon. For several years I've been drinking coffee at a local cafe that uses Mr. E., and I like it quite a lot. Regarding the "best by" date, I plan to ask about that next time I visit Mr. E and hope they'll let