Recent Posts

by olutheros, less than a minute ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2028 Views: 143450

Greens Alert

I grabbed a pound but haven't roasted it yet. Appears to be the same coffee as {link}
by ctrl-alt-mat, 11 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 4

Lelit Anna 1 gets 9 bar with a blank filter but only 4 bar with coffee

Hi there, I'm having an issue with my Lelit Anna 1 (PL41LEM), it reaches 9 bar with a blank filter but only 4 bar with coffee, which makes it unusable, what could be the problem? In the attached video, you'll see eveyrhing in real time. For your information I do have a Gaggia MDF grinder set to the lowest level...
by harris, 15 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 23 Views: 743

Lever Wanted

Thank you for all the input, I appreciate it. I have placed an order for a R24, Reiss has been very helpful and I like that all service parts are available on his website, makes things easy in the future. Also, he seems to be a bit of a rebel, I like that too. Now on to grinders. Needs to...
by Dylan, 23 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 11 Views: 628

'I don't like coffee. Can James Hoffmann change that?' [VIDEO]

Watching that video was like seeing your fifth grade teacher in the grocery store... and realizing he's the nicest guy! I don't know if people have already seen it, but this parody by Mad Priest Coffee made me laugh so hard tears were coming out of my eyes! {video}
by Giampiero, 32 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 15

E61 brew valve: indentations or no indentations?

Indentation are to help the valve pin engagement point with the camme during the rotation of the camme itself.
by zix, Today, 8:23 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 23 Views: 743

Lever Wanted

... But when you add steamed milk to some of those cups the CT2 still is not the right machine. As good as it is. I caved in to the family's demands for cappuccinos and other milk drinks and got a Dualit Cino steamer. For me it was the best compromise at the time, I could still keep my Strietman...
by BeMitica, Today, 7:44 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 12 Views: 141

Cannot find the obstruction in HX/thermosiphon (Bezzera Mitica)

Thank you CafeIke and Bluenoser for all the input. I didn't find a restrictor, the pipe is all clear, so if at all it would be at the bend connecting to HX. In any case it's all sorted now, thanks again for the advice! Nicolas
by BeMitica, Today, 7:41 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 15

E61 brew valve: indentations or no indentations?

Hello, I ordered a spare brew valve for my Mitica. I noticed a difference with the original brew valve (besides the fact that the original is all brass, and the replacement has a steel stem), namely the original one has indentations on the four edges of square part holding the seal: {image} {image} Whereas the new one does not have...
by pcdawson, Today, 7:37 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 94

Replacing pressurestat on Olympia Cremina SL

Thanks so much! Might be good to do this myself so I know how to do it if there is ever a next time. Good point about asking the vendor to send the pstat set to the correct pressure. If they don't , do you know what they are usually set to? I have this image of the boiler pressure...