Recent Posts

by MNate, 1 minute ago in Knockbox
Replies: 4 Views: 140

How to find zen in espresso?

For me the zen combo is either: Robot + Kinu M47 + comfort blend bean or DE1 using Adaptive Profile + Niche + Comfort blend The Robot and Adaptive profile can both kind of fix mistakes and still make an enjoyable drink. The conical grinders also give a wide sweet spot that's consistent and easy to dial in. Same with...
by Pressino, 5 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 1 Views: 59

Dialed in technique and then all of sudden, the pull got worse

Good that you cleaned the grindert. Even though it didn't help it, I still suspect the grinder is the problem. Try grinding fine enough with it that you choke the machine and then back off slightly to see if your extraction is better. If you can't choke the machine the Rocky can't grind fine enough for the coffee you are...
by iploya, 8 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 3 Views: 93

Free Coffee at 7-Eleven

It's the ultimate catch-22! I admittedly have no experience with 7-Eleven coffee -- maybe they do a good job for convenience store coffee. But if it's not fresh, I'm not walking out of the store with it. I'd rather go down the street and pay for fresh coffee.
by baldheadracing, 27 minutes ago in Knockbox

Free Coffee at 7-Eleven

- {link} Available while supplies last?
by Nunas, 28 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 16 Views: 406

Quest M3 : Disassembling to swap heating elements

Have you tried Coffee Shrub? Since they are the only dealer I know of in the US that carries the Quest, they might have spares. {link}
by mwills, 39 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 16 Views: 406

Quest M3 : Disassembling to swap heating elements

Slightly OT here, but where are people sourcing the replacement elements? I've gotten them in the past directly from Molly but I am not getting a response from emails to questm3roaster@gmail.com Thanks!
by BaristaBoy E61, 41 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 46

Rocket Appartamento not heating to steam temperature & leaking a little

I would recommend a complete machine descaling with citric acid - BUT that might also mean additional challenges to solve before you're completely out of the woods. Use of non-scaling water is essential to the health and well being of any espresso machine!
by jbviau, 45 minutes ago in Knockbox

Free Coffee at 7-Eleven

So basically it's always free then?! I wonder what they mean by "fresh"--maybe brewed within an hour or two?
by Capuchin Monk, 50 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 7530 Views: 1206896

Post a pic of your home espresso setup...

Does it require 20 amp outlet?
by JRising, 54 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 46

Rocket Appartamento not heating to steam temperature & leaking a little

I'll take a stab at it. "Pressure Valve meant Gauge, I believe... So just at the moment when the water in the boiler was reaching boiling temp, the boiler-fill triggered. The pump came on and ran some water into the boiler adding non-thermally generated pressure. The anti-vacuum valve shut at that point, due to that pressure, trapping air (not steam)...