Recent posts

by Spitz.me
less than a minute ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 351
Views: 42504

Odyssey Argos owner experience

I feel like my biggest gripe that has made me trigger shy to buy one is the lack of boiler water level visibility. Then also the process of having to refill it and it runs hot enough to burn you on, what seems to be, a significant amount of the machine. Anyone else feeling like the boiler level
by vecchi della seattle
1 minute ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 1
Views: 19

Espresso Cafe Suggestions for London?

Algerian Coffee Stores if you can handle robusta. Monmouth is OK. They source their own sugar which is pretty unique. Report back if you find anything noteworthy
Advertisement
by RTOBarista
4 minutes ago
Forum: Knockbox
Views: 6

Spreadsheet or other bean tracking tools?

Consider Beanconqueror. It keeps track of your brews and beans. It also can connect to your scale. You can repeat your brew and the last setting come up and can be modified
by Splatcat
4 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Views: 30

Londinium Vectis use cases

I make 3 flat whites every morning. No problem. The Vectis boiler is 1.8 litter so you can't make 8 or 10 drinks without refilling. I can get 5 drinks before I refill
by JayBeck
7 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 123
Views: 14149

Weber Workshops Key Mk. ii Grinder & User Experience

2-year user of an MK1 Key. Love it. But love the upgrades of MK2 and am considering upgrading. I have a BATCH BREW question. If you're grinding 60-80g of coffee at a time, does the bean feeder struggle to feed the beans making it terribly slow? On MK1, I have abandoned the bean feeder
by Jeff
12 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3
Views: 65

Looking for a Niche Zero rubber foot

Potentially a rubber foot such as used (or at least used to be used) with electronics gear. One manufacturer and some of their line is {link}
by Ben N
12 minutes ago
Replies: 10
Views: 187

Is this boiler salvageable

If you are careful with a small saw blade you can cut most of the way through the stuck fitting and smack it with a hammer and punch and it will let go. With a little luck you will be able to chase the threads and be back in business, try it before you buy the tap though... copper is
by bznelson91
13 minutes ago
Forum: Knockbox
Views: 6

Spreadsheet or other bean tracking tools?

I briefly used Beanstats, but it seems it's been retired due to cost constraints. Does anyone have a spreadsheet or other tool to track/log coffee beans from an end user (consumer) standpoint? Ideally, a form for entering beans would be nice, but just straight entry is fine. I'm also thinking of a field and sort for bean age
by Vociqn
35 minutes ago
Replies: 3
Views: 65

Looking for a Niche Zero rubber foot

It is a very weird design choice. I might get lucky though and find something in those old-school hardware stores. I've verified the dimensions. It's a non-tapered thin rubber foot measuring 20mm in outer diameter and 18mm in height, with one end nearly capped, leaving a 7mm opening. Despite scouring the internet, the closest match I found was
by Sal
40 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 48
Views: 1914

Looking for Liberica

I have tried Len's roasted Liberica only a few times so I don't know how consistent they are from batch to batch. The ones I had were definitely on the darker side of the medium roast although Len's state it as Medium Roast. But both Liberica and Excelsa are very hard to source. Never mind finding quality greens from reputable