Recent Posts

by Jeff, 1 minute ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 17 Views: 1081

Trouble with Feld2 Grinder by Knock

I had an issue with an order with Knock that required a PayPal dispute, which Knock never responded to. It seems there's a pattern here.
by Alastor, 34 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 10 Views: 95

Issues when using my DeLongi EC155m

Yeah, I thought about this for a long time, and figured that had to have something to do with it. I am saving up for my next machine while trying to get the most out of this one. I went back and restarted dialing it in with a clean gasket and head, and was able to get a dose of...
by espressovision, 52 minutes ago in Marketplace
Replies: 76 Views: 5109

Roast Vision - a new and affordable roast level sensor for $299

It ended up being more about the additional workload of maintaining sales in another region for us rather than the specific costs outright associated with Canada, but I appreciate the interest Chris. We've filed our final forms to close Canadian sales so unfortunately it's no longer an option, but we'll continue to support our previous customers there as needed.
by seoras, Today, 9:19 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 15 Views: 235

Suspect rotary pump needs replacing. Check valve chattering.

No that's the OP valve. The one way valve (aka check valve) is higher up and not in that picture. Where would you normally see the OP vavle? Water flow is fine and unrestricted and the damaged vane is the theory I think best fits the symptoms. {image} {image} {image}
by PIXIllate, Today, 9:04 pm in Marketplace
Replies: 76 Views: 5109

Roast Vision - a new and affordable roast level sensor for $299

I'd order one right now but I'm in Canada. Not sure why it's difficult to send something that small here especially with the free trade agreement. I got my Kafatek Monolith here and paid only sales tax and $5 brokerage. Let me know if you change your mind.
by baldheadracing, Today, 8:49 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 17 Views: 1081

Trouble with Feld2 Grinder by Knock

Wow. Congratulations! Maybe now he'll get around to those of us left unfulfilled from the Aergrind KS. (I stopped holding my breath on that one )
by pigsfly33, Today, 8:45 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 9 Views: 269

Ditting 804 Lab Sweet Custom Hopper

Also following. Rue - your design is lovely and if you are willing to share it would be very much appreciated. Happy to support in any way I can.
by bancial, Today, 8:27 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 27

Will Nuova Simonelli valve piston fit my Carimali UNO?

100% compatible.
by iploya, Today, 7:51 pm in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 10 Views: 95

Issues when using my DeLongi EC155m

Just catching up. Yeah, I didn't realize you were using an aftermarket PF but that explains the blowout you described. Not a high-end machine and probably not designed to be compatible with other PFs (though I can understand trying to get it to work).
by wormraper, Today, 7:50 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 45 Views: 812

Baratza Encore wearing out, needing a new grinder

came in today much sooner than expected. No directions in the box, but plenty online. Pretty easy to take apart and put back together every time now that I've monkey'd around with it... did a pourover right now at about 8.0 on the grind wheel.... definitely too extracted, probably need to go closer to 8.5-9.0.....but holy sh**, that grind consistency...