Recent Posts

by boren, 7 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 1

Descaling TEA coated boiler?

I'd like to descale my Quick Mill Alexia Evo, a single-boiler E61 machine with a TEA coated boiler. A previous "thread" from 2017 with the same title as this one suggested dismantling the machine, which I prefer to avoid. It also made no specific suggestions for a descaling product which is known to be compatible with such boilers. 5
by boshk, 30 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 0 Views: 8

Barwell generic roaster...1st ever batch...BINNED it

Happy Mug green beans Espresso Blend Universal Barwell roaster 170g (6oz) green, 150g roasted (looked like light/med roast) 12% loss 200C for 21mins Under roasted.........not hot enough, beans were hard to grind, especially noticeable on hand grinder for pourover/french press binned it{video}
by bakafish, 56 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 59

Issue With 2021 Olympia Cremina: Lever touches portafilter handle

It looks weird but seems normal on the newly designed machine.{video}The Cremina 67.{video}You can lift the lever first and then lock the portafilter. It can also prevent the puck from being sucked when you lift the lever.{video}
by sophiesbar, Today, 3:42 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 6 Views: 201

Question about the E61 head and pre-soaking...

With the E61 and the Appartamento, start your shot with the fully up lever stroke. One action. The 'pre-soak' happens during the 6 to 7 seconds before the pump activates. The best thing you can invest in, is the temp gauge for the E61
by MOTOKI000, Today, 3:38 am in Grinders
Replies: 752 Views: 73411

Weber Key Grinder

I am an engineer, and there is no doubt that a longer shaft is a disadvantage for accuracy. It's just a disadvantage. As for the particle size distribution, I think people are a little too concerned about it since the graphs and such were published when the EK43 was in the limelight. To be honest, for a product that costs
by bakafish, Today, 3:11 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 55

E61 Flow Control Device and pressure

It means your FCD doesn't limit the flow rate low enough or you grind too fine and choke the machine. What is the lowest flow rate of your machine?
by Sportwomble, Today, 3:01 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 48

Lelit Elizabeth coffee puck sticking to shower screen after pulling shots

I'm not familiar with your particular machine but it could also be a sign of restricted water flow from the exhaust side of the brew valve, run a good back flush with a quality powder and see if it improves
by Familiar_Mood, Today, 2:56 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 281 Views: 10831

Aida Batlle Selection: Washed Kilimanjaro Discussion

Interestingly I was talking to a Aida the other day and she agreed that this year. She said the coffee will be different every year no matter how hard she tries l because they are dealing with a fruit and an agricultural product. It's a fruit that depends on so much. She said They are not trying to replicate each
by spopinski, Today, 2:37 am in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 5 Views: 241

Starbucks Reserve experience

They use VA Black Eagle at many Reserve's location
by spopinski, Today, 2:34 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 48

Lelit Elizabeth coffee puck sticking to shower screen after pulling shots

Dose more, or puck screen