Recent Posts

by Trjelenc, Today, 7:38 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 9 Views: 265

Auction lots - roast & learn ? One of a Kind Guatemala

Are you using a solid drum or perforated? And where the heat settings are in inches of water, that's really supposed to mean kPa right? What do you do for fan setting?
by BaristaBob, Today, 7:20 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 83

Breville Dual Boiler - Correct Brew Pressure

Scwheeler, I don't think you will void your warranty just by adjusting the OPV. This should be operator's choice. As for the "correct" extraction pressure, Jeff is right on here. The Italian standard, I believe, specifies 9 bar. However many have found that even declining pressure...down to 6 bar (eg. Decent, Slayer, etc) produce tasty shots too. Changing
by adli, Today, 6:59 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 9 Views: 199

La Marzocco Linea Mini - attach temperature display

I also did a time laps of the temperature fluctuations while the machine is on idle: {video}
by adli, Today, 6:53 am in Espresso Machines

Link to YouTube clip of temperature fluctuation while pulling the shot. As you can see, the brew boiler temperature is actually increasing while pulling the shot. {video}
by adli, Today, 6:39 am in Espresso Machines

The smart home hack is so cool, going to try this one! Cheaper than buying a Simen also
by mixespresso, Today, 5:37 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 25 Views: 272

Espresso machine clogging randomly in between shots

As an update, I was able to brew a proper shot today by using force to push the PF all the way during the brewing process... but that is not sustainable, as I cannot see the naked brewing nor it is enjoyable doing it
by mixespresso, Today, 5:34 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 25 Views: 272

Espresso machine clogging randomly in between shots

Thanks, @kris772, Honestly, I had a naked PF for 1+ years before, and I really loved it. Combined with the Eureka Specilit√° grinder that I bought my shots improved a lot. Having said that, I completely get you. In fact, my wife does not want to know anything about my new coffee processes/upgrades/habits... she is extremely happy with her
by boren, Today, 5:03 am in Water
Replies: 4 Views: 88

Any recommended water recipes with epsom salt and potassium bicarbonate?

Thanks for the useful comments. I'll make another bottle with espom salt concentrate and will experiment with different ratios. I wonder if I could tell the difference in a triangle test. I wouldn't bet in favor lol
by slaughter, Today, 5:01 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 17 Views: 229

Lelit Bianca - during startup LCC turns off as soon as brew boiler reaches 130 degrees Celsius

Thank you all for your replies. You are right that the filter in general is not to blame. Probably this filter is exhausted? I am not sure when I replaced it but according to my calculations I was below (or close) the 70 liter mark and since this water is softer than 200 mg/L my use was defiantly below 140
by Scwheeler, Today, 4:43 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 83

Breville Dual Boiler - Correct Brew Pressure

I've been thinking of adjusting my OPV since I saw James Hoffman's video a few months ago. Most of my shots hit the limiter for first 10-15 seconds and this shows on the gauge as exactly 10PSI. From speaking to others this seems to be the way most leave Breville so it seems intentional and within the