Recent Posts

by Pressino, 2 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 3 Views: 50

Water loses TDS with time?

Another possibility, which I actually think is rather likely, is that some of the dissolved solutes have precipitated out from solution, thus lowering the measured TDS. This might be temperature related, but not for the reason mentioned above
by Pressino, 7 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 5 Views: 72

E61 preinfusion & stiffer flow control spring

YMMV, but what I decided to use the stock (less stiff) e61 preinfusion spring with my machine that came equipped with an ECM FCD and the stiffer lower chamber spring supplied with it. I preferred this arrangement, which let's you use the "classic" e61 "preinfusion" but also allows you to employ flow control during extraction as you see fit. I
by sosha, 11 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 20 Views: 608

Do you add sugar to your espresso?

I was taught to do it by a barista at Chromatic Coffee. 18g tamped down, then enough sugar to barely cover the bed, lock in and pull. I make sure to backflush often
by miab, 19 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 28 Views: 350

Riviera leaking past piston seals

{image} {image} Here are a couple pics from Beer&mathematics Better yet put a 2-3mm spacer between shaft and piston
by JackHK, 30 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 549 Views: 35937

Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima

Agree, but milk drink and San Remo You, The You only have 1 L stream boiler its 33% smaler than your VA Eagle One Do you see the new Faema "New Faema Faemina"
by GDM528, 41 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 49 Views: 1230

Ikawa Home thermal performance

For what it's worth, I've observed my Ikawa Home (100g) switches from pre-heat to roast at a chamber temperature of about 45C after an overshoot to about 50C for just a few seconds. Seems like that may be largely inconsequential to the final roast outcome. Dropping the beans upfront saves the user from having to hover over the
by ideaofnorth, 53 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2385 Views: 172981

The Arrarex Caravel

That was the trick! Didn't occur to me to turn the phone. So I just read some of the experiences with this setup, but bought a pid and immersion heater earlier. Fingers crossed it works out
by dchooo, Today, 8:16 pm in Buy/Sell
Replies: 2 Views: 1439

[FS] 2019 Victoria Arduino Mythos 2 - Gravimetric Espresso Grinder (Black)

Another Price Bump!
by jdrobison, Today, 8:00 pm in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 0 Views: 16

WLL/SCA Recipe Batch

I wonder if someone would care to double check my math for me. I wanted to make a single batch of concentrate (WLL makes separate concentrates for buffer and hardener), enough for 10 gallons of water. There recipe is: Buffer: 1.4g of baking soda in 1L of distilled water Hardener: 10.1g of Epsom salt in 1L of distilled water
by another_jim, Today, 7:57 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1623 Views: 145302

Lelit Bianca User Experience

Sounds like panel gauge may be reading low. It might be more convenient to adjust the OPV so you see the max pressure you want at the group -- when you use the blind basket, the needle valve does nothing, and the group gauge should read the static pressure, same as the panel gauge. Up to you which one you