Recent posts

by truemagellen
10 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2
Views: 76

Switching between Flair 58 and Robot - grind size?

They are going to be very similar but it is easier to pull a higher pressure shot on the flare so if you are typically doing higher like over 9 bar shots they may run slightly different as I would typically run my robot shots 7 or 8 bar well on the f-58 more often I would do 9bar
by mctrials23
3 hours ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1654
Views: 166514

La Marzocco Linea Micra

My LM quite often seems to turn off at what I assume is the "power saving" timeout despite me either being mid-use or just after I have finished. Is this intended behaviour? I assumed that if I interacted with the machine at all it would reset that timeout
Advertisement
by BodieZoffa
3 hours ago
Replies: 5
Views: 163

Espresso shot - coffee appears immediately - problem?

Personally I pay no attention to having to reach a certain time, volume or yield. No form of measurement will trump taste/texture and with espresso the variables are really constantly changing, so don't overthink it
by ODC
3 hours ago
Replies: 258
Views: 20163

La Marzocco releases Brew by Weight for Linea Mini

Does someone else here has a lot of connectivity problems with the La Marzocco Lunar scale? Every 2-3 days when I put my Linea Mini out of stand by modus (with the app) the scale will not connect anymore with my machine. To connect the scale again it's also trial and error. Sometimes it's helping to shut down my
by paulhopkins
3 hours ago
Replies: 5
Views: 163

Espresso shot - coffee appears immediately - problem?

But if I simply adjust the grind finer, I will end up with too little yield at the end (my quantity is ok 18g in, 36g out, in 30 seconds). So therefore I am guessing I need to probably try grinding finer and also putting less than 18g in the portafilter. I will have a play today and see the
by Egglamation
3 hours ago
Replies: 7
Views: 173

Inconsistent extractions on Breville Bambino Plus

So my scales arrived today... broken! Guess I'll have to wait a little longer Meanwhile, my DeLonghi beans just finished and I'm looking for a new batch. I know the taste is up to personal preference, but in regards to freshness: what should I be looking out for? Should I avoid big name branded bags?
by Jeff
4 hours ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 3
Views: 58

7g VST/LM Single Shot Basket Tips

Traditional Italian coffees tend to be very easy to extract and often don't taste their best even at a 1:2 ratio. If you extract at over that, you're potentially getting more bitter and nasty than a well balanced shot would have. Using a 7 g basket doesn't change this. Pucks are always soggy during extraction. A soggy puck mainly
by another_jim
5 hours ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 3
Views: 58

7g VST/LM Single Shot Basket Tips

Hope you're enjoying yourself. I go with 15 grams (2:1 ratio) out unless the roast is very light. I'm less worried about shot time than making sure the stream is really transparent by the time I get to 15 grams -- I want maximal extraction
by stiantor
5 hours ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 11
Views: 2186

First Upgrade: Breville Dual Boiler, Lelit Elizabeth, Profitec Pro 300 or Lelit Mara X (Europe)?

Hi. Im in the exact same situation as you - wanting to upgrade my Barista Pro to a dual boiler machine. I have been looking at Elizabeth and BDB. Really like the look of Elizabeth over the BDB, but the price is almost 20%higher here. Did you make a choice? What did you go for?
by docpotterywood
5 hours ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 29
Views: 2316

Turin DF83 V2 Drifting Zero

@ Jeff - See OP. This thread is about drifting zero point on DF83. My post is a short term solution to this. Interestingly even Mythos commercial grinder has this issue. {link} A painful read but insightful --- {link}