Recent Posts

by NicoNYC, 13 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 7 Views: 133

Bezzera Family Restoration

Thanks to the magic of USPS priority mail, I got new gaskets in last night, so I was able to wrap up the initial repairs this morning. {image} There are 3 identical seals for the piston, they are the pre-90s Elektra MCaL ones: {link} Actual measured dimensions as listed in the photo, also as pictured I can slip
by ira, 49 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 14 Views: 340

Software UI mods for Decent Espresso?

This thread on Basecamp covers a fair number of issues: {link} Not that if you're not a Decent owner, this won't work
by MCal2003, 49 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 551 Views: 43316

Flair 58

Yes. Sold the HX/E61 vibe pumper couple decades ago. About the same time frame I went from more than full time to less than full time at work. Retired now. Even more mornings with more time to enjoy coffee. Enjoy the pace and process of manual lever machines. This morning I let the timer run
by decent_espresso, 54 minutes ago in Marketplace
Replies: 1075 Views: 114697

Decent Espresso news

{image} Extreme detail about Sale items I've written before about the ecological cost of the pursuit for perfection in consumer goods. It really bothers me that so many companies discard function-but-imperfect goods. So with Decent, any good that works-but-is-a-bit-ugly is discounted from 30% to 50% and sold on a dedicated page {link} linked to on
by ira, 56 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 43 Views: 2022

Some lessons after using a fluid bed roaster for two weeks

This is the third recipe I tried and the only one so far I want to drink. I've another 20 pounds of this coffee so at some point I'll try changing more of the profile to see if I can improve it. I guess my question is, does getting there faster help or hurt as I'm sure I could get
by ira, Today, 1:48 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 14 Views: 340

Software UI mods for Decent Espresso?

It would be too easy for me to go off on a long and rambling rant about my issues with Decent And yes, you're correct that for most people with most problems they have excellent customer service. It's just that I tend to find the cracks and there are lots of them to find if you look or fall
by ojaw, Today, 1:48 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4325 Views: 328954

Cafelat Robot User Experience

{image} So I bent my 2+ year old screen yesterday : ( Still works like a champ : )
by Almico, Today, 1:38 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 4 Views: 154

Airflow Experiment

Yep On my 5kg roaster I put a third probe behind the drum to measure the air coming in. It taught me a lot about airflow and when increasing it would raise or lower drum temp. Basically, early in the roast when the gas is high, more air will result in more heat to the beans. As
by cmin, Today, 1:38 pm in Water
Replies: 23 Views: 817

RPavlis water bland?

Yeah I haven't tried V60 yet again but when I did prior it was the most bland V60 ever had lol. Not even remotley close to just reg publix spring water. For the epsom I'll pry pour some water out next time to heat up and help dissolve the salt. It was hard to see if it dissolved in
by GC7, Today, 1:18 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 3 Views: 91

Time to Upgrade Roaster?

This is an addicting activity in addition to the caffeine. IMO December to now isn't very long to get to know your equipment, green coffee suppliers of choice and beans you enjoy. Four roasts a week only seems like a lot if you drink one coffee during that time. If you are using a couple of origins