Recent Posts

by yakster, 5 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 48 Views: 3406

Tiny motors on new grinders?

Did you mean to say AC instead of DC in the underlined part above?
by JRising, 9 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 10 Views: 160

Need help Olympia Cremina hydraulics redesign

The top could be removed and that T fitting could hold a gauge while the pressure is being set... Then the gauge could be removed and the extension and anti-vac installed in its place, protruding through a hole in the top once the pressure is trusted to be where it should... Just spit-balling the idea.
by yakster, 9 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 5 Views: 179

New Bullet - Roast Along

Hmm, strange, the Colombia lists Oct 2021 arrival now. I picked it from a new arrivals email that I got from Sweet Maria's yesterday.
by Jisgren, 26 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 5 Views: 179

New Bullet - Roast Along

I like that Costa Rica, it looks promising. I have been roasting on the Hottop since it first came out so have burned a few beans. This will e as different animal thought since there is more data and control - I never modified the HT for any data logging. I do have 20 lb of Liquid Amber Espresso blend...
by Brewzologist, 35 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1035 Views: 95108

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

<0.4gr retention after using bellows. But it brings up something I forgot to mention; I regularly switch from filter brews to espresso and back. So those retention figures are after a grinder setting change. And I've only had it for a couple weeks so there may yet be some additional burr break in. IMO, >$1K more for a P64 is...
by Randy G., 36 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 4 Views: 59

Phidgets HUB0000_0 to HUB5000_0

Beyond that, Hottop talked about wireless com for a roaster but the temptation to walk away from the roaster made me think it was a bad idea. There were a few folks who found it easy enough to set them on fire as it was.
by Randy G., 39 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1 Views: 27

Keep or sell Rancilio Rocky?

Depending on how old the Rocky is, I would change the burrs and use it for drip or slow, cold brew. While the stepped nature of Rocky makes it marginal for espresso it is capable or serving as a workhorse for years to come.
by Chaplain, 42 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 20 Views: 1220

Time for a real espresso upgrade. What do you suggest

Couple more {image} {image}
by Randy G., 48 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 16 Views: 205

Making my drum roaster spin faster?

I have had this chart for ages. I do not remember the source, so all fwiw. Speed Chart for Coffee Roasting Drums ----------------------------------------- quieter<- - - - ->noisier less even<- - - >more even - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - COLUMN A = Drum diameter...
by Pressino, Today, 6:30 pm in Coffees
Replies: 10 Views: 323

Does milk dampen caffeine absorption?

Yes, that study was set up to determine whether adding milk and sugar/NDC to coffee affected the kinetics of polyphenolic acid equivalents,which are of interest to some who believe they have anti-oxidant health benefits. I made the assumption that a similar effect would be observed for caffeine, which is an aromatic compound (a xanthine) but not a phenol or polyphenol....