Recent Posts

by Mdl55, 3 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 0 Views: 1

Single boiler PID machine (ECM Classika) vs HX

I've been looking for an upgrade to an old Espresso Gaggia that I picked up on the cheap a few years ago and threw a bit of money at to get up and running. I've done a fair amount of research (including on this site) and had landed on the ECM Classika PID, as I almost exclusively drink espresso and...
by alpinito1, 8 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 0 Views: 2

Upgrading from my first machine (Ascaso Steel PID)

Dear all, I am rather new in this, and I have had an ascaso steel PID combined with a Barazza sette 270 grinder for a couple of years now. Although I am happy with both of them, I realized my machine is not very stable in temperature and since it has a single boiler, I cannot steam and brew a...
by Jonk, 46 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 16 Views: 310

Sticky Aeropress Seal

My two aeropresses weigh 178g and 228g with just plunger, cylinder and cap. So it depends on the plastic used, there's been a few iterations.
by DeGaulle, 47 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 56

Puck sticking to the shower screen on Breville Dual Boiler

The same thing happens to me on a regular basis. You can try dropping your dose by 0.5 gram and adjust your grind. Otherwise, after you finish the shot and remove the cup, activate the pump for a second before you remove the portafilter.
by lucast, Today, 3:27 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 0 Views: 8

GeneCafe coffee roaster: What are the main pros and cons?

Hello, Having never roasted coffee, I would like to start roasting coffee at home (I'm UK-based). Due to time, and other constraints, I am looking for a solution that requires as little human intervention as possible. I was thinking of getting a GeneCafe CBR-101 Coffee Roaster ({link}). Considering that they're not cheap (£583 at time of writing), I would like...
by Hebeares, Today, 2:46 am in Grinders
Replies: 240 Views: 29937

Lagom P100

Congratulations! It's all worth the price!
by drgary, Today, 2:32 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 29 Views: 475

Early Holiday gift - La PAVONI PROFESSIONAL

Yes. That's commercial steam power, like I have with my Conti Prestina. But I'm finally getting more consistent creating "fluffies" like this for my wife on my home machines with three-hole tips. And this isn't even dairy milk. {image}
by El_hondero, Today, 2:31 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 8 Views: 207

Hello Strega !

It's just a kitchen island from Ikea
by bigwill336, Today, 2:09 am in Grinders
Replies: 240 Views: 29937

Lagom P100

The P100 has been a blast. It gives a completely different flavor profile compared to my Mythos Clima Pro. Still seasoning the burrs at this point, but so far so good. {image}
by vit, Today, 2:06 am in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 16 Views: 310

Sticky Aeropress Seal

2 cup csezve (enough for me) 127g. Aeropress clone 224g (not sure about original)