Recent posts

by TomC
16 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 1
Views: 15

7g VST/LM Single Shot Basket Tips

this is a good read if you haven't seen it already. "What's the best single basket."
by wendallsan
21 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 14
Views: 360

Olympia Cremina lever questions after group gasket replacement

Thanks! I'll absolutely pick up some fresh beans as you suggest for future efforts, this is encouraging!
Advertisement
by Jeff
29 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 27
Views: 2271

Turin DF83 V2 Drifting Zero

Maybe I missed something. Why are you intentionally heating up your grinder? Not only isn't it a commercial duty machine, but heating up burrs is known to be a problem
by ira
31 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 2
Views: 98

Moving to a flat burr grinder from Sette: what's the best option available in EU right now?

I was looking at the LifeX at the SCA show last week and was impressed by the burrs. Sadly I can tell you nothing about the quality of the grind or the grinder, but the guy in the booth was very passionate about it, far more than the average salesman in most other booths. I guess he had a hand
by vkennedy
39 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1653
Views: 166431

La Marzocco Linea Micra

Congratulations! That's a fun color you chose. I suggest that you try turning the steam wand around 180°
by TomC
47 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 48
Views: 2556

Fellow Aiden anyone?

you're asking the good question. im at the precipice of shifting from the moccamaster to the Aiden as well. the Aiden is definitely more compelling in terms of features. I only hope it lasts as long. then we'll all be winners
by Steffche
52 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1378
Views: 191223

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

Hi Peter, I ended up swapping the o-ring which is actually inside the OPV where you adjust the pressure. It seems to have solved the problem with pressure stability and is now sitting at around 10.5 with the blind disc. The gurgling is still there but has decreased, and is certainly less than the two brand new machines I
by erik82
1 hour ago
Replies: 4
Views: 222

Shot inconsistencies with SSP Cast LS

What grinder are you using? And how do you know it's well aligned?
by jeffreylam98
1 hour ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 38
Views: 2208

Mazzer Philos Comments

Because I hv bought a gorilla gear 64 for the philos and is considering selling to a friend, was thinking should I do this
by Primacog
1 hour ago
Replies: 23
Views: 1758

Versalab M4 - truly WDT free?

To really differentiate themselves from the versalab and the titus, the makers of the honne could look into a 98mm flat burr grinding stage rather than 68mm