Recent Posts

by raeyn, 2 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 2 Views: 99

Crema vs ALSAINTÉ Espresso Tamper & Distributor

I just wanted to reply to give more info, as I've learned more - in case it might be helpful to others who find this later on. Turns out neither of these are great for a few reasons. Seems it's not easy or possible to adjust each side separately and the threads are on the outside and get coffee
by BeesKnees, 19 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 29

DIY PID - Koffie Project

Congrats on all the work! Cool project
by iPa64, 25 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 14 Views: 661

New in roasting, how to understand the graph

You should choose the 300, 150 it's really small. I use 240gr for experimenting and max 300gr, 300gr you get 250gr roasted. 6 profiles of 6 steps. No only temperature, fan is only drived manually! Programming it's easy, get the desired result or at least an interesting result that is another story. But same issue with all roasting machine. But
by Tim M, 35 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 80 Views: 4745

James Hoffmann: Room For Dissent?

There's no replacement for displacement? Still off topic, I haven't watched to OP's video because I'm not interested in anthropology but I am interested in coffee. Hoffmann's website is what lead me to this website. On topic? I would tend to think people don't argue with Hoffmann because he rarely states an opinion without prefacing it with a lengthy
by flip, 39 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1144 Views: 109666

La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience

I have the Grafikus needle valve mod installed on my linea mini for a while now. Its availability is what made me pick the linea mini (I bought it last summer), and also why I got mine used (so I won't worry about modifying it and losing the waranty). Basically it adds a second switch on the brew paddle
by hoxha, Today, 5:08 am in Grinders
Replies: 314 Views: 41057

Lagom P100

They seem to be aligned to about 20-30 microns from the factory. Option-O recommends against trying to shim and so on, I think
by tompoland, Today, 5:03 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 365 Views: 23742

User Experience with the Strietman CT2

BTW that has not been my experience of the Decent. Certainly not when using Scott Rao's Blooming Espresso preset. It produces shots as thick and full-bodied as I've ever had. Just my experience of course
by tompoland, Today, 4:58 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 365 Views: 23742

User Experience with the Strietman CT2

Definitely not
by mwood77, Today, 4:49 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 29

DIY PID - Koffie Project

Hi all, I've been working on an open source PID controller for espresso machines - "Koffie." What I've got so far is a solid, easy to use, and affordable PID ($60 USD in parts) that's generic enough to install into most espresso machines. However, I'd like to continue building on this and make it a great fully-featured device
by iPa64, Today, 3:52 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 14 Views: 661

New in roasting, how to understand the graph

Hi, very interesting I have the same roasted than you in fact the previous model D350G I have just made my first roast monitored with artisan, I was a bit overloaded by evens, but very fun. [youtube] {video}[/youtube]