Recent Posts

by Anatol, 18 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 152 Views: 12596

The Picopresso

And another update to the Picopresso with IMS competition La Pavoni post millennium 14-16g basket. I'm back to my usual espresso blend, and even though I screw the basket in really tightly, in probably 4 out of 5 attempts I get clear water leaking out the sides which results in a watery, underextracted shot with minimal crema. With the previous
by spopinski, 24 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 7 Views: 105

Controlling the RPM of a DF64 with a VFD

Do you also bypass the capacitor and use all 3 output wires to drive the motor? Effectively remove all the grinder electronics?
by chipman, 53 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 8 Views: 65

How do you disassemble ECM mushroom valve

{link} {link}
by Chert, 58 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2 Views: 90

Auction lots - roast & learn ? One of a Kind Guatemala

{image} My first lesson - obvious it is - is to have a control and profile recording system that works. You know, Artisan, but with no malfunctioning bean probe, like I've intermittently had the last few weeks. I recently changed that thermocouple, but roasting yesterday for some friends and to try this sample roast, I discovered, I
by bean2friends, Yesterday, 10:29 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 30 Views: 259

Huky IR burner issue

That's right. Yours seems different
by Derryisreal, Yesterday, 10:28 pm in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 8 Views: 65

How do you disassemble ECM mushroom valve

Thanks Chris, I appreciate it. I will try again next time, already put the machine back together
by bean2friends, Yesterday, 10:25 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 3 Views: 219

Klatch Coffee - no more greens on sale?

Clever
by N6GQ, Yesterday, 10:24 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 30 Views: 259

Huky IR burner issue

But otherwise the flame is contained within the ceramic disc, right? That's the way mine had been all along, and what I expect from an IR a stove. Then one day it wasn't
by iploya, Yesterday, 10:23 pm in Coffees
Replies: 13 Views: 349

Where to buy Kona while in Kona

...Since I ended up back at HD I figured I would add a photo. This is a shot of some ripening cherries out on property. {image}
by Paul_Pratt, Yesterday, 10:22 pm in Grinders
Replies: 7 Views: 105

Controlling the RPM of a DF64 with a VFD

I use Invertek VFD's on old 3ph grinders. I can highly recommend them. Very easy to set up