Recent posts

by tinpanalley
less than a minute ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 23
Views: 273

Moka pot question about the amount of coffee in the filter basket

Ok, I see. And as you say my (several) tests are confirming this. But I'm learning a lot along the way. Perhaps I can add some new information. The end result coffee is ideally one that makes the most of my particular coffee of choice, a nutty rich dark roast "Miscela D'Oro". and I don't mind if it makes
by bdbnewbie
3 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 7
Views: 77

Breville Dual Boiler 920 little flow through group head

I was also curious as to the positioning of the solenoid so I went ahead and tested it via the group head water exit; I used a waterpik (probably not advisable) to jet water up through the machine while the solenoid is open to the drip tray (basically anytime while not pulling a shot) and I can see all the
Advertisement
by drgary
8 minutes ago

You will get a reply soon from the top collector of Italian moka pots and similar coffee makers and he and I have been discussing this. The core issue is that the pressure is the same in smaller or larger moka pots but the amount and weight of the coffee and the height of the brew chamber is different. The
by Grande
15 minutes ago
Replies: 2
Views: 52

Lelit Bianca sudden event and issue

Thank you! I will be following up shortly. I might be in over my head
by Beobu
16 minutes ago
Replies: 6
Views: 37

Brasilia club - boiler keep pushing out gasket

{image} {image} The first time I open the boiler, I saw stranger minerals cover the boiler internal copper pipe. I don't know how, is this cause of boiler exploded? But even I remove it, gasket was still pushed out
by odor4fun
31 minutes ago
Replies: 7
Views: 77

Breville Dual Boiler 920 little flow through group head

The fault could be at the triacs board, the solenoid is not fully open and therefore the water flow through the boiling group is reduced
by stoneramhunter
35 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4
Views: 247

Nuova Simonelli single lever espresso machine

Cheers all as shown in the photo my Simonelli Which I replaced the piston gaskets, sleeve O rings as well as the head gasket. the Group and the machine is in perfect working order. With the wealth of knowledge on the site can anyone tell me what it may be worth? its
by tinpanalley
40 minutes ago

Oh, ok. Meaning that someone has told you they're going to reply or is that just wishful thinking
by Beobu
48 minutes ago
Replies: 6
Views: 37

Brasilia club - boiler keep pushing out gasket

About this over fill problem, I am thinking about working process of this Brasillia Club. It is complete different with other machines I owned. Like: Gaggia, Delonghi, Faema or Saeco. When start up, this machine need to fill the boiler. Following manual, I will not turn on main switch. At first, I will open steam wand snob, then press a
by drgary
49 minutes ago

You will see an expert answer soon. Hint: the very largest moka pots are hard to work with, as you are discovering