Recent posts

by yakster
6 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 6
Views: 195

Highest chance of success - roasters

When I upgraded from a Behmor to my Bullet, it took me about 50 or so roasts until I felt like I really had a handle on roasting on the Bullet. I was using other people's roast charts as guides to help my learning, but I was not using pre-programmed recopies to guide the roast, even to this day I
by yakster
10 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 2
Views: 78

Any Benefit to Slow Grind Speed

I've noticed on my Weber Key Mark i that slower grind speeds tend to enhance the clarity of espresso. I usually grind at the slow end of the range
Advertisement
by nemesiss45
15 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4
Views: 72

What is this part... Fiorenzato Bricoletta

Well, looking at a wiring diagram I found, it looks like they had the correct wires attached to the solenoid... I was able to fill the boiler... but when the contactor kicks on to run the boiler, it trips my GFCI.... I tested what I knew how. Each of the L to T lanes in the contactor are actually open
by dpiette
18 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3
Views: 121

Londinium Vectis use cases

Thank you both
by rmongiovi
50 minutes ago
Replies: 5
Views: 109

Looking for a Niche Zero rubber foot

Could you just buy a set of nice rubber feet and attach them with double-sided tape?
by Steffche
50 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1372
Views: 190832

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

Does this sound like it could be a faulty pump? {video}
by another_jim
54 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 25
Views: 1359

Mazzer Philos Comments

The Philos grinder has very distinct clicks. However, the scale goes from 0 to 145; so a lot of clicks. I have no idea what it is like to use a grinder with low vision. But my inexpert suggestion would be to use a different tactile decals at the brew settings, and at the center of the espresso
by jdrobison
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 139
Views: 10760

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

I just finished a bag of it, myself. Kenya is a bit finicky for me and I really enjoyed this one, but agree that I wasn't getting a pronounced blueberry from it. Deeper and darker fruits, mostly
by Vociqn
1 hour ago
Replies: 5
Views: 109

Looking for a Niche Zero rubber foot

Thanks! Hopefully I can find a better matching option there
by another_jim
1 hour ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 3
Views: 1407

Mazzer Philos Grinder Review

How can a burr be sweet? Keep the question in mind for this review entry. The Philos is delivered with the 200 burr, a burr with no prebreaking section, so similar to the SSP MP and the flat burr of the DRM hybrid. A closer look shows that it is fairly different from the SSP MP, since it has