Recent Posts

by dsc106, 5 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 13 Views: 299

Dual grinder combo: Niche Zero (espresso) & Baratza Vario+ Steel Burr (filter) - thoughts?

That you have! And much appreciated. Let's see... definitely "lazy" in the long run. I'm currently in the "super interested and too much time on my hands" phase but life is about to resume early next year and I want no fuss. RDT would suck. No thanks. Also, minimal mess with grounds is desirable, it's too easy for that to...
by Tillamook, 10 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 10 Views: 193

La Pavoni Shot Inconsistencies

Thats why I always give the first shot to my mother in law
by Jeff, 15 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 9 Views: 157

Upgrade from Mini Vivaldi ii and Eureka Specialita

If you want to see what the buzz around flat-burr grinders is about, I'd go with a Lagom P64 or pick up a used Super Jolly and put SSP burrs into it. The Eureka burrs seem to be very good, classic burrs. Various reports suggest that they aren't in the same vein as those that people are exploring with the...
by kidloco, 18 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 228 Views: 7560

New Ikawa Home Roaster - 100g capacity

I did around 15 back to back roasts 2 weeks ago, did not even think about it. Also I tried some of the beans I have other then Ikawa's with ok result. For example I had Columbia Gaitania washed, used profile for Guatemala Blue Aryza and it was good. Again tried the same with my Decaff (using decaff profile from...
by dsc106, 23 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 988 Views: 122491

Fellow Ode brew grinder review

I see, so basically it goes ode stock > Vario steel > ode ssp in terms of progressively more "unimodal" (aka tight/consistent extraction). I definitely want tighter grind for brew than what I am getting on my niche zero or virtuoso, but, I might fall into the camp, then, of those who complain the ssp unimodal are overly hollow and...
by thoang77, 36 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 2 Views: 175

Northbound American Beauty espresso

From what I remember, AB leans a bit lighter on the medium spectrum so 18g will be a scant one. I don't know why you'd be splitting hairs on half a gram from your usual dose though. It's not like trying to weigh out 18g of Malabar Gold to see it's overflowing your dosing cup due to it's low density....
by titan, 44 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 195 Views: 43856

New Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder

According to reddit, some people have received their Eureka mignon CDs. Can't wait for the reviews to come out.
by harris, 47 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 11 Views: 658

Spro Over - hard on machine pump?

Zix, wondering if you got around to trying this. If so, what were the results like and the process used? My CT2 is on the way so I've been reading up and learning before it arrives. Thanks.
by chanty 77, 57 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 100 Views: 3630

Looking for a very flavorful medium to medium-dark roasted coffee

You wanted to know what I thought of the Northbound American Beauty. Second day. First day, went by 17.5g beans (grind finer), 18g as the site recommends is typically too much for my machines on MOST (I say MOST, cuz some need I do go higher), 199°, out about 28-30sec. Was very bland tasting to me and somewhat sour. Today,...
by K7, 59 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 11 Views: 246

Help Eureka Mignon Specialita issues

Yeah I think +0.75 is within a reasonable range for light roasts if you are going for long PI with very fine grinds. I drink light roasts almost exclusively these days and I'm at around +1.5 for most of them, but I'm not doing long PI (I used to, but not anymore) and my pressure maxes out probably ~6 bar....