Recent Posts

by EspressYourself, 13 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 17 Views: 587

Cafelat Robot -- new pressure gauge - Worth waiting? Used Robots?

Well I'm now the proud owner of a Robot, and I sprung for the 1ZPresso J-Max grinder. The grinder is a tremendous upgrade over anything I've owned (the Virtuoso and the Hario) and although it FEELS like it takes longer, I can crank out 16-19g of espresso fine grind in 30-60s depending on the beans and grind setting. So it...
by M997, 28 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 9 Views: 93

The sweet spot for espresso machine

Will have a look, thanks. Interesting what Decent can do that VBM super electronic can't
by shotwell, 31 minutes ago in Buy/Sell
Replies: 0 Views: 16

[WTB] 98mm burrs

Looking for a 98mm burr of any type except for SSP LU or Kafatek Shuriken. Please let me know what you may have and what your asking price is!
by Floaty, 41 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 0 Views: 10

Demoka M203 fix or upgrade to (almost) zero retention

A week ago I got my hand on a Demoka M203 along with the La Pavoni Pro PRG. As I did with all second hand stuff I get, I served an nice clean-up. After removing the neck/funnel, there was quite some coffee clogged up between the burr's and the neck. So I was wondering if there are some fixes or...
by Bellbon, 42 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 2 Views: 120

RO Water System + Remineralization System Favorites

I have the iSpring RCC7P-AK and had noticeable improvement in drinking water taste and pour over coffee (I do not have an espresso machine). I have not done detailed water analysis of the results, for me the taste improvements are enough. I installed the unit myself and have done filter changes on it without issue. I will just note that...
by ilVecchio, 45 minutes ago in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 41 Views: 881

Chicago-Milwaukee-NW Indiana Area Get Together

It was an incredible afternoon, so many warm old friends. Thanks to all of you for this homecoming at Jim's.
by HB, 51 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 9 Views: 93

The sweet spot for espresso machine

Hmm-m, from "their website" it says: "From our headquarters in Hong Kong, we ship our products everywhere in the world."
by spressomon, 57 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 18 Views: 966

High-end espresso machines

I suppose anything is possible but in nearly 5-years of Slayer ownership, I have had zero leaks anywhere including my water delivery system (pump, accumulator, John Guest fittings, water supply lines, valves, pressure regulator, drain line...). No different in my mind than having a tank of water, called a toilet, being kept at bay by a cheap, simple yet effective...
by frackh, Today, 10:04 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 1 Views: 51

First home roaster

Look at the Behmor, price is around your budget. I roast about a pound (greens) a week, consuming about 40g on average daily. This was the route I took when I plunged down this rabbit hole. Wasn't sure about home roasting but had enough of an interest to research the Behmor (1600 AB+ at the time). Was a good buy...