Recent Posts

by baldheadracing, 1 minute ago in Grinders
Replies: 738 Views: 75925

Orphan Espresso Apex Grinder

Excellent!
by CoffeeMac, 17 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 355 Views: 26669

The Londinium R24

No; haven't been using it for much beyond diagnosing a non-return valve issue lol! I'll try your technique next time I pull a shot of Luna Bermudez filter roast.
by chr514, 29 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 7 Views: 166

Eureka 75mm burrs

I think you should do a thorogh cleaning before changing burrs. IMO burrs aren't likely to be worn out that easily.
by chr514, 38 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 157 Views: 7405

98mm Burrs for Brew

I think ek pre-2015 burr is best for brew
by Yan, 42 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 738 Views: 75925

Orphan Espresso Apex Grinder

Glad to hear the improvement...
by wingnutsglory, 46 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2027 Views: 143402

Greens Alert

Anyone try this one? Ethiopia Guji Tero Outgrowers Natural {link}
by Madman13, 50 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 355 Views: 26669

The Londinium R24

Great, how do you like it so far? I personally like to raise the lever very slowly using the pressure gauge as a guide for light roasted coffee (I could see the value in slamming the pressure like that for medium to dark roasts to increase body).. have you tried using the gauge in that fashion yet?
by topcat2001, 50 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1390 Views: 86464

Breville Dual Boiler, five+ years on

You probably have an internal leak somewhere so that is the hiss. It is probably leaking enough steam inside when in standby mode that the boiler needs to refill which turns on the pump and hence the sound. I would open it up and take a look before the leak causes corrosion or plan to send it to Breville before...
by Alastor, 58 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 3 Views: 28

Issues when using my DeLongi EC155m

I'll try to replicate the issue and see if I can get a photo or video tomorrow. Also, the naked portafilter I am using is this one: {link} Apologies, in my haste I forgot to mention that. Now, the online questions say it is rated for 14-22 grams, and I have seen the sweet spot as around 17-18 when it...
by Jisgren, Today, 10:03 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 0 Views: 20

New Bullet - Roast Along

Just had my Bullet delivered yesterday and will get it set up this weekend. I have seen a couple more posts from folks that also got in on the latest batch from Sweet Mairas. Anyone interested in ordering some of the same beans and learning to roast on the new machine together. I am coming from an olde Hottop so...