Recent Posts

by mkane, 5 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 2 Views: 38

Adjustments made for specific coffees?

We use 18.3g coffee, 300g water.3:15 drawdown.
by vcasa, 8 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 0 Views: 3

Old Coffee

Hello all I look to this forum for recommendations and got my first dud. I placed and order with Aero Coffee Roasters based on a post here. Today I got a bag of coffee roasted 3 days shy of a month ago. Just wanted to give a heads up to the group.
by JB90068, 10 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 2 Views: 42

Allure of Espresso vs. Drip

I've done a lot of both. Guess I prefer the richness and mouthfeel of espresso more. I only use my pinky when I drink tea and do impressions of John Cleese.
by Idfixe, 21 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 65 Views: 6817

Yes, a Monolith is worth it

Having a conical with a large flat is an i teresting pairing (if you can afford it) so that you broaden the taste profiles one can extract at home. Having the possibility to swap burrs with one grinder is also another option - less costly that also increase the range of taste possible.
by Idfixe, 34 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 35 Views: 2846

Tiny motors on new grinders?

I don't believe grinder motor is correlated to price. A grinder is an assembly of parts which are assembled together to specific tolerances in order to produce repeatable results across grinders and from shots to shots to minimise variance related to the machine. This is how I chose my grinders at least...
by Idfixe, 39 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 5 Views: 122

Plumbed drain line cleaning.

I use water pressure and put diswasher soap when empty from coffee
by fizguy, 53 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 6 Views: 145

Eureka 75mm burrs

Thanks Jim, this is true and a good point. I roast a couple times a week and I have never observed this trend in the year I have owned this grinder, which is why I was thinking it could be the burrs.
by Brewzologist, 58 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 2 Views: 42

Allure of Espresso vs. Drip

I like both and chase perfection in both beverages. I only recently got into espresso though. To me, they are both great ways to enjoy coffee, just different. I like the intensity and body of espresso, and also enjoy the clarity and aroma of pour-overs. Both have nice flavors that are enjoyable to bring out. I'm not into milk drinks...
by another_jim, Today, 7:15 pm in Grinders

Eureka 75mm burrs

Um, same coffee? As coffee ages, the beans soften, and there are less fines, You'll need to tighten the grind to get the same flow at the same dose. You will also notice the taste go flat. Generally it's far better to up dose than to tighten the grind as coffee ages.
by fizguy, Today, 7:11 pm in Grinders

Eureka 75mm burrs

Thanks for the replies!