Recent Posts

by Jeff, less than a minute ago in Coffees
Replies: 488 Views: 19657

Saka Caffè in the States

"Start with one exceedingly rare, exceedingly desirable, fully restored, classic lever machine..."
by bonjing, 1 minute ago in Coffees
Replies: 488 Views: 19657

Saka Caffè in the States

Recipe, please!
by GDM528, 4 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 3 Views: 26

How to fast-track espresso roast tasting?

Good suggestion about grinding to accelerate degassing - totally missed that one - thanks! Re: cupping, is there a preferred grind level when tasting for espresso? Re: bean chewing, that's seems like an experience-driven skill, so I should start practicing that habit with all my roasts
by cafeIKE, 6 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 26 Views: 5179

Niche Zero grinder setting change

Do you clean the grinder? Do you reset the marker when you zero? {image}
by Greg_R, 11 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 10 Views: 379

2 cups per day.

This is great advice. At this budget level, I would think about how you want to experience the process of making a drink. Do you want touchscreens or mechanical controls? Levers or knob controls? Do you want to steam milk and if so, how quickly? Will you want to make a lot of adjustments, or
by cafeIKE, 12 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 23 Views: 554

Comfort Food Espresso: Cimarron Roasters Courthouse Blend

The missus loved it in her latte's. I had Americano every afternoon. No cream, but I expect it would be delish. [I only put cream in black goop other people claim is coffee ] Since I quit roasting about 15 years back, I almost always buy five pounds which often includes free shipping. A bit of
by kris772, 14 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 35 Views: 986

Dosing: 14g, 18g, 19g, 20g, 21g, 22g? What do you use, and why (taste)

And thanks for that Ian. Gonna play with the triple basket tomorrow. been a while
by kris772, 19 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 11 Views: 349

Out of nowhere, shots pull way too fast...

Many thanks for that! edit: what do you store 2-3 day portions in? a single layer ziplock wouldn't be safe, would it? Or maybe a small plastic freezer dish and not worry about the air?
by cafeIKE, 22 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 11 Views: 349

Out of nowhere, shots pull way too fast...

Like everything espresso, depends Coffees usually arrive here two or three days post roast. If it's something familiar, dials easily, I'll wait three to seven+ days before freezing at PPP - Peak Pull Point. With a recalcitrant coffee, I wait until it's either dialed - or destined for the bin - before freezing.
by mikeTRON, 27 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 431 Views: 58232

Lagom P100

How close are people grinding to the chirp point in the P100? Reading about the P64 it seems people are much closer than I would have expected. Is this normal on other flats like the Kafateks?