Recent Posts

by QuareCrack, 14 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 6 Views: 170

Are two grinders necessary?

Thanks for your replies everyone, much appreciated. You have given me a few things to think about. I must admit, I had discounted the P100 as I thought high uniformity burrs were geared towards espresso. On closer inspection, Option-O specifically mention the 98mm burrs behave completely differently to their 64mm burrs and are more multipurpose. It could be a good...
by 5cylinders, 19 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 0 Views: 2

Which variable of pourover do you hate the most?

For me, pouring, or agitation, wins (over water). Tons of recipes, a lot of fiction, very thin science. High, low, spiral, center, spin, stir, melodrip, lilydrip, turbulence, fluidised bed, one fat single pour, 3 pours, .4 pours, 1000 pours ... Poison is far more simple, and less suicidal.
by bbuijsman, 28 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5 Views: 170

Victoria Arduino Eagle 1 Prima - Fix the rattling

Does anyone have some advice on what kind of foam/rubber to use as sound insulation? Something that I can order in the Netherlands and is preferably easy to apply (something with an adhesive on it..?)
by SoF, 45 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 49 Views: 2550

Knob Coffee Grinder (Kickstarter)

Hi I am also a bit concerned about the "smoothness" of this grinder (it seems to only have one large ball bearing at the bottom, close to the burrs, but nothing in the upper part of the body) and, given they use quite large burrs (and depending on how sharp they are), this may be an issue. Also I still...
by HH, Today, 3:58 am in Grinders
Replies: 90 Views: 8942

Ditting 807 Lab Sweet user experience

Interesting - thanks!
by boren, Today, 3:33 am in Water
Replies: 2 Views: 44

Testing RO water for bacteria

Interesting feedback, thank you. Can you explain why the water that goes through the bypass hose is more likely to have bacteria than that from the water dispenser? Both go through the same RO system, it's just that one is directed to a hose, while the other to a remineralization filter and an under-sink chiller.
by renatoa, Today, 3:07 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 496 Views: 38123

Odyssey Espresso (Argos Lever prototype)

This is not an author/manufacturer initiated thread, nor a product promotion, so I don't think it needs a blessing or approval. The author demonstrated already enough he knows what he is doing. Influencing biased reviews are a plague of today world, imo, reducing the people desire to self educate. Instead, more and more prefer delegating to others purchase decisions, due...
by partick, Today, 2:55 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 55

Nuova Simonelli Oscar II owners, what are some tips you have for your workflow?

Great, thanks for the insight into your routine! Wonder if I should get an OCD, they look pretty satisfying to use... I've been flushing before for a second to get some of the water and sometimes steam out, and then I've always flushed at the end with espresso machines as a habit to flush out any residual coffee. I'm wondering...
by CoffeeBay, Today, 2:52 am in Coffees
Replies: 2 Views: 119

Sour coffee

Thanks! That might be it. I'll check in with the roaster then.
by drgary, Today, 2:42 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 13 Views: 226

La Pavoni Pro Millennium Leaking and Lack of Resistance

If you need it to heat up faster, do a heating flush.