Recent Posts

by baldheadracing, 15 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 2 Views: 102

Easiest lever machine I could source parts for and self service in the US?

I just looked into the La Pavoni parts situation in detail as I just ordered a refurbished Europiccola from Francesco. I'm not sure if you are looking at new or used machines, but the other lever that shows up used under $1100 is the Elektra Micro Casa a Leva. There are other machines, but those two are the most popular....
by wojtowip, 22 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 38 Views: 832

Scales and design

I was not getting this stable of a ohm reading as he is in the video. I don't have it hooked up to an Arduino yet, so wasn't able to graph, but the resistance pretty much started dropping as soon as I placed an item on the force pad. I'll try again to see if adding a platform on top...
by cuppa, 25 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 0 Views: 31

What are some "lifetime" / "end-goal" machine and grinder options?

I currently have a Breville Oracle, and I am completely satisfied with it. If I wanted to buy a fancier grinder+machine for use on the weekends when I have too much time on my hands, what would be options for under, say, 5k USD, new or used? I enjoy more traditional dark espresso but am open to exploring other roasts...
by John49, 26 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 19 Views: 579

Lever Wanted

I see no real problem doing five consecutive shot on the CT. All you need is 5 filter baskets prep'd and you can pull a shot remove the spent basket and drop in the next one. If you have a kettle with hot water you can top up the CT and keep going.
by Thehomebrewcoffee, 30 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 0 Views: 10

Ceado 64mm Burrs Vs Superjolly 64mm Burrs

Hello, I have the opportunity to get either super jolly burrs for my mazzer mini or ceado e6x Burrs for my mazzer mini, does anyone own either or both and can tell me which taste better? Thanks
by Brien, 33 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing

Building a better Phin

Anyone else here a fan of Vietnamese style coffee and phin brewers? I've long been a fan of both, especially the phin as a method for brewing a small amount of VERY STRONG coffee for mixed drinks (esp. as I don't yet have an espresso machine!). That said, all the ones I've used seem to come from the same 1-2...
by LBIespresso, 38 minutes ago in Buying Advice

Lever Wanted

I agree with your conclusion. About the LR24 and the CT2 in your future
by harris, 40 minutes ago in Buying Advice

Lever Wanted

So, I'm leaning towards a Londinium R24. My heart says the CT2 but @Ad-85 summed it up best 'not practical for a half dozen shots in a row'. The family has really come together during COVID and I'm going to do everything I can to keep it going including milk drinks for my daughters. I'm certain a CT# will be...
by jpender, 51 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 38 Views: 832

Scales and design

I'm not sure I understand. What does bluetooth have to do with the scale height? Why not just read the built in display? The scale you used is specified to be 15mm high, still "too thick" for the OP. It's also a lot wider, about 1cm too wide to fit under my espresso machine.
by Thehomebrewcoffee, 55 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods

Possible to put e37s burrs in a e37j?

Hello, as an owner of a mazzer mini with larger sj burrs I am wondering if it's possible to mod an e37j with e37s larger burrs? Can you order the burr chamber and directly swap onto the e37j motor? I know it's lower power but I'm still interested. Thanks.