Recent posts

by Jeff
25 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 9
Views: 236

Upgrading to a temperature stable espresso machine that can go back-to-back seamlessly.

Any of the commercial machines will take much longer than 15 minutes to warm up. All those you listed should have no problem with back-to-back shots at the rate an amateur barista can turn them out. With the possible exception of the VAPE1, you probably should let any of those warm up for 30-45 minutes, if not an hour before
by gscace
29 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 7
Views: 227

La Marzocco Swan

I have no idea. I haven't used the Pico and don't know much about it at all
Advertisement
by gscace
32 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 7
Views: 227

La Marzocco Swan

One might think that a constant weight of beans in the hopper is required. And maybe it isn't. Discovering that sensitivity is a simple experiment. Scott Guglielmino, of La Marzocco told me what they found for dosing consistency and I have some preliminary data that supports it. I'm not going to post it here because the grinder came
by robliver
35 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5
Views: 462

Assistance Needed: Breville Barista Express - Steam/Water Issue After Solenoid Replacement

Hello I had the same problem with our Breville Barista Express tripping the earth-leakage(RCD) switch. The cause was the 3-way CEMA solenoid. After I replace it, the steam and hot water are diverted to the grouphead. The solution was to rotate the plastic part of the solenoid 180 degrees. The solenoid should be open from the right (when viewed from
by spike
36 minutes ago
Views: 525

New Quick Mill Pop and Quick Mill Pop Up

I think there's more to it than that. For one thing, most of the European equipment sites I have visited recently do not sell US-compatible models. I think it has more to do with market support. Lelit is in a very different position than Quickmill and the others because they are part of an international consumer company that
by Jeff
41 minutes ago
Views: 525

New Quick Mill Pop and Quick Mill Pop Up

Bringing a machine to the US also has complications with needing to change to 120 V operation and ideally getting safety approvals. The CE approvals don't transfer to US approvals. Unless there is sufficient volume to justify the upfront expenses, it doesn't make economic sense to import "yet another sub-1,000 machine". In that price class it is hard to compete
by freditoj
44 minutes ago
Views: 236

Upgrading to a temperature stable espresso machine that can go back-to-back seamlessly.

Are all the following machines capable of back to back no problem? >Speedster >Slayer >Leva X >Strada X >GS3/MP or AV >ES.1 >The Nurri Leva SA has a lever and I'm not familiar with that style. I do like that it heats quickly but the 54 mm would mean I need to buy new tamping stuff
by Chrikelnel
1 hour ago
Forum: Buy/Sell
Replies: 0
Views: 12

[FS] Kafatek Monolith MAX SLM

Hi all, I am selling my Monolith MAX. It has served me with no issues, but I'm wanting to try an MC6. The MAX has SLM burrs, an all black body with red top plate, and blue LED. It runs on 110V. The grinder is in beautiful condition, and has been protected with a leather mat from Mildred that
by pschueller
1 hour ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 2
Views: 46

Reusing water

That's pretty much what I expected to hear. It just seems like a bit of a waste
by pschueller
1 hour ago
Replies: 24
Views: 530

Travel grinder

Are there any other small, travel friendly electric grinders I should consider? Turin DM 47? Or is the Lagom mini the only real option?