Recent Posts

by baldheadracing, 10 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 31

Best Single Dose Grinder under $1000?

{link} Note also SSP burrs are listed for sale at the bottom of that page.
by yalag, 16 minutes ago in Buying Advice

I don't think I can get either from Canada?
by michang5, 30 minutes ago in Buying Advice

X2. Owning both... Go with the Niche if you want open the box, plug it in and mostly not think about the grinder again. Go with the DF64 if you like to mod and tinker to get to most of your equipment.
by baldheadracing, 31 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 30

Early Holiday gift - La PAVONI PROFESSIONAL

Congratulations! I just got a La Pavoni too - but mine is 51 years old so many things are different from a shiny new one. As such. I have no idea what you should get - but just a note - I'm not convinced about temperature stickers as the ones I had just didn't last long on my Elektra; they...
by eltakeiteasy, 35 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 369 Views: 27504

The Londinium R24

It's back in stock I was just chatting with Ben this morning. Also, I am in San Diego and have bought extra and split it up with a few friends your way if you are interested send me a PM and we can do another group buy to save on shipping/ carbon footprint. I pull a 21g shot for what...
by mmntip, 42 minutes ago in Buying Advice

Niche Zero for conical, DF64 for flat. In my experience Eureka doesn't come close in usability (that tiny wheel is terrible).
by bwren, 42 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 30

Early Holiday gift - La PAVONI PROFESSIONAL

There is a guy in CA who makes some great wood accessories for the La Pavoni, including tampers, bottomless portafilters etc. {link} His tamper is 51.5, which is the most popular size for millennium machine users. If you want to go with a single temp sticker, Flair espresso make a good one. There is also a great source based in...
by yalag, 50 minutes ago in Buying Advice

Hi I'm looking to upgrade from a built in grinder on the Breville machines. I have a budget of a $1000 and I wanted a single dose option because I'm thinking maybe I want to try different beans frequently and a single dose allow me to change without worrying about retention too much. But maybe that thinking is wrong, not...
by decent_espresso, 54 minutes ago in Marketplace
Replies: 849 Views: 86677

Decent Espresso news

{image} Espresso with smaller baskets, learning from Lever machines Looking back at the history of espresso machines, and especially with lever machines, you find that the 58mm basket used on 9 bar machines, is not so common. Smaller diameter baskets are really common. And lever machines are known for making ultra-smooth, easy-drinking espresso. I long thought that 53mm baskets (such...
by decent_espresso, 57 minutes ago in Marketplace
Replies: 849 Views: 86677

Decent Espresso news

Never say never, but no current plans. Philosophically, I did not like making a Decent that had less-long-lived components, and that's what we had to do, to lower the parts cost, and thus lower the retail price.