Recent posts

by Crabby Guy
4 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 2
Views: 23

Decaf ESE pods 3 ways with Lelit Elizabeth

Thanks for the suggestion. You clearly understand using ESE pods to make the best possible espresso. If I understand correctly though, it would be a long-term, perhaps permanent conversion, at least for me. I still want to grind my non-decaf shots, the vast majority of what I pull. A fairly thorough survey of this admittedly arcane topic showed (I
by mangoie
8 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5
Views: 69

Breville Dual Boiler Manual Descaling

I would just focus on making good shots with the stock BDB. The slayer mod is nice to experiment with, but you're adding a lot of variables before you have the basics of espresso under control. I did the slayer mod myself, and it's not a magic thing that makes your shots good, at first it might even make your
Advertisement
by DenisEAF
20 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 135
Views: 4532

Humidity sensor on exhaust - other gas sensors ?

That is correct. In fact my graphs for 50 and 100g look totally different to my full load 190g batches, not talking about time as the roasting time is similar. Talking about airflow/power, for lower weight batches I use more airflow to push the heat in. With a "full load" in my case 190g (machine can do max 200g but
by another_jim
49 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 16
Views: 917

Mazzer Philos Comments

I can't speak for the youtube versions. The grinders Dan and I received several months ago (I call them Beta versions in the review) had a loud and vibration prone motor noise. This revised grinder has a quiet motor. However, the grinding noises are still fairly high. This is the case with all single dosing grinders used without a lid
by JeffNYC
49 minutes ago
Replies: 14
Views: 231

Any alternative to Behmor?

This looks interesting. My Behmor is about 15 years old as well, replaced the motor, board, and afterburner. Anyone with experience of this Skywalker?
by tzachalon
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 43
Views: 2348

Weber EG-1 noises on fine grind settings

Update about my grinder: Weber offered to pick it up back to inspection about 2.5 weeks ago. Even though I expected Weber to offer an exchange one-by-one with a new grinder, they didn't offer it and I accepted. They received it last Thursday, and I was under the impression they will easily fix the alignment issue ASAP to make sure
by rmongiovi
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 38
Views: 1920

Fellow Aiden anyone?

Perhaps the sort of aficionado who will shell out $365 for a coffee brewer is the sort who wants to pick their own grinder?
by malling
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 38
Views: 1920

Fellow Aiden anyone?

I'm glad they didn't as I would suddenly make it of no interest, many of us already have. Also it's better for them to sell you two pieces of equipment than one
by Steffche
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1368
Views: 190690

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

So I gave up trying to fix my bes920 and went out and bought a brand new machine today. I must be cursed because this new machine is gurgling too. As soon as you press either the 1 or 2 cup buttons, you hear gurgling for several seconds before a steady flow of water starts coming out fron the brew
by Pressino
1 hour ago
Replies: 5
Views: 86

Dry End time vs. Drying time

Seeing them up close sitting out in the open in the trier scoop under good light gives you a more accurate impression of their color and surface texture compared to watching them behind a thick piece of glass swirling by in a dark drum... At least that's what I think. YMMV