Recent Posts

by intjester, 3 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1 Views: 117

Weber Magic Tumbler fit Craig Lynn HG-1 Prime?

Anyone try this yet? It seems like it should work but it's an expensive item if it doesn't
by bonjing, 27 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 489 Views: 19672

Saka Caffè in the States

by Jeff, 29 minutes ago in Coffees

Saka Caffè in the States

"Start with one exceedingly rare, exceedingly desirable, fully restored, classic lever machine..."
by bonjing, 31 minutes ago in Coffees

Saka Caffè in the States

Recipe, please!
by GDM528, 33 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 3 Views: 35

How to fast-track espresso roast tasting?

Good suggestion about grinding to accelerate degassing - totally missed that one - thanks! Re: cupping, is there a preferred grind level when tasting for espresso? Re: bean chewing, that's seems like an experience-driven skill, so I should start practicing that habit with all my roasts
by cafeIKE, 35 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 26 Views: 5186

Niche Zero grinder setting change

Do you clean the grinder? Do you reset the marker when you zero? {image}
by Greg_R, 41 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 10 Views: 381

2 cups per day.

This is great advice. At this budget level, I would think about how you want to experience the process of making a drink. Do you want touchscreens or mechanical controls? Levers or knob controls? Do you want to steam milk and if so, how quickly? Will you want to make a lot of adjustments, or
by cafeIKE, 42 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 23 Views: 559

Comfort Food Espresso: Cimarron Roasters Courthouse Blend

The missus loved it in her latte's. I had Americano every afternoon. No cream, but I expect it would be delish. [I only put cream in black goop other people claim is coffee ] Since I quit roasting about 15 years back, I almost always buy five pounds which often includes free shipping. A bit of
by kris772, 44 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 35 Views: 989

Dosing: 14g, 18g, 19g, 20g, 21g, 22g? What do you use, and why (taste)

And thanks for that Ian. Gonna play with the triple basket tomorrow. been a while
by kris772, 49 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 11 Views: 352

Out of nowhere, shots pull way too fast...

Many thanks for that! edit: what do you store 2-3 day portions in? a single layer ziplock wouldn't be safe, would it? Or maybe a small plastic freezer dish and not worry about the air?