Recent posts

by arkiebob
4 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 1
Views: 9

VBM Domobar Super or La Marzocco Linea Micra

I haven't gotten to see a Domobar, but it sounds interesting. If you're interested in flow profiling, why not take a look at the Sanremo You? It has some pretty cool features such as the ability to manually profile a shot with the paddle, then it can replicate that shot for you digitally. I also think its
by nudistbarista
17 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 130
Views: 9918

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

Thanks for this recommendation! This is my first time ordering from compass and I'm very impressed. I'm getting prominent berry flavors in my pour over and espresso. To my palate, the dominant flavor is fermented/overripe strawberry rather than 'blueberry muffin' but there is definitely blueberry and other jammy flavors coming through. Excited to see how it develops over the next
Advertisement
by Elemsee
22 minutes ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 0
Views: 2

Philly / PA coffee events / meet-ups?

Anyone know of any coffee classes / tasting events / meetups that happen around the Philadelphia area? Would love to attend something
by Elemsee
25 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Views: 7

Dak natural coffees - brew approaches?

Hi everyone - curious how you've approached Dak (or similarly light roasted) natural / more processed coffees? Typically , my approached with washed coffees is boiling water, medium fine grind, 15:250 ratio, 3 pours including a bloom. Will more processed coffees benefit from an alternate approach, even if they are very lightly roasted? (Ex substantial temp drop
by bman0023
27 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 1
Views: 9

VBM Domobar Super or La Marzocco Linea Micra

Hi All, I saw the recent review by Dan of the VBM Domobar with the flow profiling and it looks interesting and it looks like there are programs to also flow profile on it that you can set. I would probably opt to program it and profile that way as opposed to the knob profiling way. I
by baldheadracing
29 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 12
Views: 328

(Ab)using the Europiccola to pull coffee instead of espresso

The coffee still has to be packed for cold storage with the same measures and methods used for freezing coffee. In addition, for typical refrigerators, the coffee packaging should benefit from insulating layers (unless you open the fridge door as rarely as you open a chest freezer). One easy way to do this is double-bagging the packaged coffee in a
by bznelson91
35 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Views: 16

If I wanted to try traditional(ish) espresso...

...which of the grinders on my bench would likely yield the best results? I have: * Lagom P64 with Mizen Omni burrs (still being seasoned) * DF64 Gen 2 with stock stainless steel burrs * 1Zpresso K-Max * 1Zpresso J-Ultra * Kingrinder K2 I'll be using a Decent DE1PRO. I have filter baskets ranging from 18g
by PPapa
42 minutes ago
Replies: 437
Views: 43277

The Londinium R24

So I've pulled the group sleeve and the old seals were looking a bit tired - some flaking, flattened and a bit stiff. The group sleeve extractor tool is highly recommended - I tried to pull the sleeve before and it felt near impossible. With the tool, I could rotate the spanner with a single finger! {image}
by lassepavoni
49 minutes ago
Replies: 12
Views: 328

(Ab)using the Europiccola to pull coffee instead of espresso

I will give it a try. It's about time to get the roaster out of hibernation anytime soon. Still have two unopened bags that my brother gifted to me and might just as well store them in the fridge
by Beobu
54 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 9
Views: 63

Brasilia Club - boiler keep pushing out gasket

Sorry Jake, I don't think so. That brass fitting is just connecting with a nomal brass pipe from pump. The reason I like this machine is all pipe made by brass