Recent Posts

by Nunas, 23 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 6 Views: 71

Roaster, situation demands I use an extension cord

That should work fine, maybe even a bit of overkill, but you can't go wrong by making it too 'good'
by BaristaBob, 38 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 9 Views: 286

Where to buy Kona while in Kona

It's true, you need to know what you're looking for when in Hawaii. Specific to Kona coffee I believe there is an official ordinance that states the trees must be grown within 20 miles of the city, north, south, and east. Don't quote me on that, but it's something close. However, it doesn't keep retail sellers from making blends with
by mycatsnameisbernie, 43 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 8 Views: 445

Controlling brew pressure with E61 flow control device vs. OPV?

If you think about a typical double shot where at most 60 ml is brewed in around 30 seconds, that equates to a flow rate of 2 ml/sec. So you can see that the flow rate will be drastically limited by the water resistance of the coffee puck. Opening the flow control valve to a higher flow rate will allow
by Vindibona1, 55 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 8 Views: 445

Controlling brew pressure with E61 flow control device vs. OPV?

I know I'm about 6 mos late to the party, but I just received my new maching, a Quick Mill QM67 with a Lelit FCD, the same one that's on the Bianca. While the QM67 might (will?) have a different flow rate as the Bianca or other machines should they not have a FCD installed, I did some "mapping" that
by SandraF, 56 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 8 Views: 160

Drain valve water blast and Acaia Lunar

My "solution" was to use one of the several flat silicone trivet mats I had and cut it and place it onto my cup riser, then put my Lunar on that. So the splash which occurs is blocked somewhat from reaching the back port. Simple
by Nwin23, 56 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4457 Views: 336740

Cafelat Robot User Experience

Thanks! I've read a few of your posts over the past week regarding your issues and I've encountered many of them myself. I took the gauge off today and the thing works just fine without it. Maybe when my kids aren't taking up all my time I'll try and put the gauge back on....in twenty years
by caddycatcoffee, Today, 1:20 pm in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 6 Views: 68

Single Shot v Double Shot Linea Mini Baskets

Yeah until the Niche arrives I'm stuck using my wife's Peak, up until 2 weeks ago (when I ordered it) I wasn't really allowed to make many changes/alterations to my wife's work flow when it came to dosing/baskets/ratios/etc. I get it, she's got an expensive set up and I really don't know what I am entirely doing (I would argue
by Nwin23, Today, 1:07 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4457 Views: 336740

Cafelat Robot User Experience

Thanks! I've read a few of your posts over the past week regarding your issues and I've encountered many of them myself. I took the gauge off today and the thing works just fine without it. Maybe when my kids aren't taking up all my time I'll try and put the gauge back on....in twenty years
by jpender, Today, 1:06 pm in Coffees
Replies: 9 Views: 286

Where to buy Kona while in Kona

For years I was curious about Kona. I knew it was expensive. The stuff I saw for sale in little shops on the Big Island looked overroasted to me and I never bought any of that. The one time in my life I tried Kona I bought it from a well respected roaster on the mainland. I only purchased 4oz
by N6GQ, Today, 1:01 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 26 Views: 237

Huky IR burner issue

Yup, I've vacuumed the disc and bowl out well, and can't see any issues with the nozzles. I have been in contact with Mr Li and asked about a new disc/bowl but no word yet