Recent posts

by Coffeebeanzzz
20 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 2248
Views: 221918

Lelit Bianca User Experience

So I replaced the over pressure valve and now when the machine comes up to temp the seal where I screwed the new valve sputters and hisses. Is there a thread lock type of stuff I should have used on the threading? And if so can I buy it on Amazon?
by NelisB
2 hours ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 67
Views: 2374

ACS waiting times

Congratulations!
Advertisement
by SCANNAMAIALI
3 hours ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 5
Views: 239

Espresso coffee comes out worse than before.

As soon as I can I'll go get some coffees that have the production date printed on the package. I am going to update this debate. Thank you all!
by just4kickz
4 hours ago
Replies: 67
Views: 2374

ACS waiting times

Congrats on the machine!! How was assembling it? Any advice you would give to have a smooth installation?
by MinistryofEspresso
4 hours ago
Replies: 6
Views: 106

Is Haynes Lubri-Film Plus suitable lubricant for Flair machines?

They are all silicone. SuperLube is a great alternative to 111
by MinistryofEspresso
4 hours ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 7
Views: 116

Short circuit La Marzocco Linea Classic AV

The switch has three positions; off, electronics on, and heating elements on. Did the pop and smoke happen in position 1 or 2? You wouldn't hear a pop from a burnt out heating element
by another_jim
5 hours ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2
Views: 62

Underdeveloped coffee

I would advise roasting further and backing off in subsequent roasts, rather than going for a roast this light on a new coffee first thing. This is especially ture if you are not used to the smells of a roast ready to drop -- sniff the beans in the tryer before dropping -- they should smell sweet, not vinegary or
by TomC
5 hours ago

Underdeveloped coffee

Welcome to HB John! what was your charge weight for this roast? Are we talking about a solid drum or perforated drum? if you like light roasts and you're spending 1+ minute post first crack, then id hesitate to say that you might want to adjust your settings to spend more time in the middle phase of the roast
by jramey0406
Yesterday, 11:59 pm
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 19
Views: 886

Shot inconsistencies with SSP Cast LS

I have dial indicators, how did you set it up? I also am thinking about throwing it on a CMM machine at work so I can also check coaxiality of lower burr in relation to carrier threads but seems a little too complex for me I also wonder it it really matters because of the design of
by Johnnyburns
Yesterday, 11:42 pm

Underdeveloped coffee

Hey guys I'm new to roasting and have a question about my coffee roasting technique. I have only roasted a handful of times but each roast I do tastes underdeveloped and grassy. I prefer light roasted coffee. Here is a picture of my last roast. The beans are from Brazil. I have a 1.5 kg drum roaster. Do you think