Recent Posts

by Miltonedgebert, less than a minute ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4 Views: 40

1Zpresso Q2 grip mod

Yeah, I couldn't find my edge finishing stuff, so I just decided to let my skin oils take care of it over time instead of digging through more boxes. I'm more irritated by my lack of attention to the stitching. I'm honestly impressed by the stock material. I tried tearing it and couldn't, even using
by bgnome, 1 minute ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 19

La Cimbali Eleva

She's definitely a beauty! Thanks for sharing
by DamianWarS, 1 minute ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 589 Views: 45451

Flair 58

Even with the fluffyest grounds you can still get density differences in the puck. WDT doesn't just get rid of the clumps it evens the bed of coffee so it's all the same
by Morseman, 4 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4405 Views: 335172

Cafelat Robot User Experience

I'm a newby and still working to get the best possible result from my Robot, so I don't have all the answers. However, re: the pressure gauge - for two reasons, I would not get it if I were to replace my Robot. First, it's difficult to accurately read the pressure gauge while pulling the shot and accurately
by baldheadracing, 6 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 25 Views: 554

New or vintage Elektra?

I've pushed pre-infusion as far as a minute but didn't like the results. I don't know why, as the temperature profile also changes with the longer time. (Also, for light roasts, I prefer the group to be hot.)
by jpender, 11 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 24 Views: 455

Water ratio for a percolator

Have you actually tried that theory out? My own attempts at percolator coffee did not result in overheating / overextraction. I had the opposite problem: underextraction. The brew liquid temperature ramped up fairly quickly to near-boiling (that's how it works) but the coffee cake (and the coffee in the reservoir) never even hit 90°C. I think my pot shut
by jkerr, 16 minutes ago in Buying Advice

New or vintage Elektra?

Ah, I was wondering about that. I definitely noticed that the lighter the roast the longer the pre-infusion needs to be, but I wasn't sure how far to push it. Even with a medium roast. A minimum 10-second pre infusion is necessary. Very interesting!
by baldheadracing, 19 minutes ago in Buying Advice

New or vintage Elektra?

FWIW, I use mine for light "filter" roasts most of the time. For lighter roasts, I try to grind fine enough to get 20-30 second pre-infusions, but if you try this, be careful not to grind too fine and, as a result, choke the machine. (If you do choke the machine, then let it sit for a while. The coffee
by drgary, 27 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 5 Views: 253

Coffee Collectibles Gallery

One day I was scrolling the San Francisco Craigslist to see if I could find a vintage Olympia Express Cremina. I saw a listing for a La Graziella lever but wasn't steeped in espresso gear yet. The person who listed it asked for information about it. I offered what little info I could, which wasn't useful by itself, since I