Recent posts

by IamOiman
7 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 20
Views: 519

1959 Faema Urania Three Group Hydraulic with Hotel Group

Frame disassembly wrap up Not to leave the frame languishing, I wrapped up the last few remaining parts still attached to it except for the lower skirt parts. The inlet and outlet pipes were all removed. Two capped fittings that were inserted where the hotel group was positioned needed to be removed first along with the hex nuts securing
by DaveC
8 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 8
Views: 156

Sealing boiler

It depends on the area to be sealed. There are liquid silicone exhaust gaskets that set to different shore hardnesses. You might try a bead on one face (flat or round as appropriate), let it harden and then fit the lid...after putting some holes for the bolts in the liquid gasket (if necessary). You could do this once it's set
Advertisement
by Milligan
8 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 1
Views: 53

Espresso coffee comes out worse than before.

The most common issue is coffee freshness. Grocery store coffee is not a good troubleshooting choice, they are likely at least several weeks old before they get to the store but it is common to see grocery store coffee that is months old. Another is that blends do change over time. The types of coffee, especially in Italian-style coffees, can
by cmin
17 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1391
Views: 192324

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

If you look at my last posts I have an older (2014) BDB and on my antivac I just took it apart other day and replaced the 007 o-ring that basically disintegrated. Apparently Breville made some changes with that through the years as you can see Peter posted as well and his was different from mine. I don't know what
by greenwood
24 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 58
Views: 3452

Fellow Aiden anyone?

I just saw one at Eight Ounce. Honestly I wasn't super impressed with the build quality for a $500 CAD machine. However I feel like this for most Fellow Products, but I am never disappointed with their performance
by jgood
30 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 16
Views: 628

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

Ditto to all of the above -- except I have a Cafelat tamper for 7 years!
by Steffche
33 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1391
Views: 192324

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

Guys, is it normal to see small bubbles coming out from the top of the anti vac valve on the steam boiler? I've noticed mine has, and it seems to be affected when pressing the 1 or 2 cup buttons. I'm still trying to fix this gurgling issue I've been having. Replaced yet another pump, and have wiggled
by JRising
55 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2
Views: 31

Quick Mill Monza descale continues to pump water

Did it tell you to refill the water? If it's waiting for the flowmeter to stop moving and you keep topping it up, it has no choice but to keep pumping
by DoubleR
58 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 16
Views: 628

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

I just bought this: {link} Sure a different tamper can do the job, but this will bring me so much more joy in my shot prep
by jeffreylam98
1 hour ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 59
Views: 4021

Mazzer Philos Comments

I noted that dark roast will lost the sweetness that the 200d would normally bring. Do you hv a taste description of dark roast coffee pair with the 200 burr ?