Recent Posts

by jpender, 25 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 61 Views: 1708

"Turpresso"? Turkish coffee with an espresso machine.

That's interesting. Too fine and I guess you get too much channeling. I'm not too keen on the idea of paper filtered espresso so I'll try without. But why would grinding coarser increase the extraction? It's going to be a faster shot with coarser grounds
by Acodore, 50 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 342 Views: 31620

Arco by goat story

I see both sides on the theme of 'pickiness'. I'm a KS backer of the UK/Ireland plug 2-in-1, and so eagerly await the second batch's arrival in Ljubljana. It's fair to assert that those who (unlike me) use their Arco to grind for Espresso will have more exacting requirements of it than those using it only for filter
by Fili339, Today, 5:58 pm in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 5 Views: 81

Sour espresso, what to change?

Thank you all very much for answers. As I am new in all this, I didn't know I have to wait for machine to warm up! I thought as soon as the light stop blinking, it is ready. That is great advice, I will for sure try to wait 20-30 min before brewing, hope it will make the difference
by Marcelnl, Today, 5:54 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 75

Favourite espresso machine repair tools

these, simply to see what I'm doing {image}
by Jeff, Today, 5:49 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 6 Views: 127

What to look for in a used Breville Dual Boiler?

Glad it is working out for you! If someone else comes along to this thread later on and wonders, I'd also ask "what kind of water do you use with it?" Poor answers (for most areas): "What do you mean?" "I use a [insert any taste-focused pitcher] filter" "I use bottled water" "We've got a filter under
by Acavia, Today, 5:44 pm in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 18 Views: 582

Brewing times with large flat burr grinder

Mine is half a number from chirp so a whole number lower if yours is 1 1/2 from chirp which I think is the base calibration??
by Dog_Two, Today, 5:35 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 6 Views: 127

What to look for in a used Breville Dual Boiler?

Timing was perfect this morning. Another machine showed up on local craigslist that is in excellent condition. Picked it up, got it home, gave it a once and twice over, and have made a couple cappuccinos already. The previous owner apparently is even more particular than I am about equipment. It basically looks almost unused. They had all the standard
by maxbmello, Today, 5:34 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 31

Mahlkoning K30 used versus Niche Zero new

I have both grinders, and each have their strengths. Overall, I tend to like the shots I get from the k30 better than the niche. I drink everything from light-medium dark. I use the k30 as intended - hopper filled and go through that batch of beans, and works well for this use. I make as many as 6-8 drinks
by Acavia, Today, 5:31 pm in Coffees
Replies: 0 Views: 42

Cat & Cloud Coffee good?

I got a Kenyan coffee from it through Fellow Drops. It is flat and harsh, not bright. Does not seem like a Kenyan coffee
by robmack, Today, 5:25 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 31

Mahlkoning K30 used versus Niche Zero new

I'm looking to move up in grinders. Presently I have a Baratza Sette 270wI which I find OK. I've always had a desire to try to trade up the Sette to avoid the inevitable demise of the Sette's plastic gears. So I now have a line on a used Mahlk├Ânig K30. I've also been eyeing the Niche