Recent Posts

by 3waller, 2 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1482 Views: 100026

Breville Dual Boiler, five+ years on

Hi guys, I have spent about 6 hours trying to insert the hair clip for one of the outlets with the silicone cover. I have had my machine for 8 years and changed several o-rings without an issue. I also changed the other silicone covered one yesterday. It was tricky, but only took a couple of
by Jeff, 7 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 3 Views: 90

Freezing whole unopened bags of coffee?

The "CO2 valve" is a one-way valve and the reduced cabin pressure (or that in the cargo hold) effectively "vacuum packed" them during the flight. The ones that don't look vacuum packed suggest that their valves are not quite as well-sealing as the others. Vacuum packing in the original bag, assuming it has a one-way valve works well. Without
by bonjing, 8 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4320 Views: 327921

Cafelat Robot User Experience

Looks like the P-5000 power loader from Aliens
by jpender, 8 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 46 Views: 1140

VST basket size and grind volume are at odds

That's not true, there can be pressure differences within a volume of water without significant compression. If there weren't a pressure gradient the coffee wouldn't flow out the bottom
by jlw, 11 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 404 Views: 53813

Lagom P100

Anyone using the P100 for both espresso and filter? I make both daily
by Kaka, 18 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 6

Portafilter went from chrome to matte how to restore?

Hello! Last time I was on maintanance with my Breville used CAFIZA from Urnex to clean the portafilter, left the basket in with portafilter submerged with a tablet ( plastic was outside the water detergent only touched metals ) and I left it overnight finished the clean and I noticed that portafilter in the spot where water
by Chert, 19 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2146 Views: 155348

Greens Alert

The Alliance for Coffee Excellence has a few auctions they sponsor that are not part of the Cup of Excellence and National auctions (for which membership is required to buy samples.) I have purchased a set of samples for the upcoming "Nicaragua women producers private collection auction, Super Mujeres 2022". Maybe other home roasters would be interested in
by richinla, 31 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 3 Views: 187

Comparing Monolith MC3 to MC4 and beyond

MC3 owner here. Quick follow up question for Mike. With medium to dark roasts, would you say the change in mouthfeel/body from MC3 to MC4 is noticeable (if not excessive)?
by bringyoutomyhell, 32 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4320 Views: 327921

Cafelat Robot User Experience

CafeLOT RobotTO
by MCal2003, 38 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 21 Views: 668

Anyone use doser grinders for home use?

A few years using a Mazzer Mini. Then almost couple decades of using a Macap M7 until a few days ago. Single dose using a diy single dose hopper and popcorn reducer. With the fingerguard removed using a brush and thwacking the doser lever while grinding most of the coffee in the chute is emptied into the doser. Using