Recent Posts

by Prima_A, 1 minute ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 0 Views: 1

Crash after g2y (drying)

First let me start by saying that I am roasting in colder conditions in a garage with the garage cracked. I'm roasting on a Mill City 1kg. Here's my issue (and I've tried many different beans, and changed different variables at different roasts to see what the problem is, and I still get this crazy weird crash in my ROR
by cafeIKE, 27 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 11 Views: 80

Ulka pump seems to mute during brewing

The OPV seal looks a little suspect and just it can be replaced if you can find one. If not, you might as well replace the OPV
by baldheadracing, 28 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 14 Views: 481

Brewing triple espressos, basket sizes and profiles

{video}(Yes, it's an April Fool's video)
by Goldfinger, 31 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 293 Views: 22195

The hunt for best Italian roasted coffee beans

{link}I was in town today and I came accross a newly opened Lavazza cafe/coffee shop. It looked too swanky for my liking (on Regent's Street of all places!) but I was too intrigued by such concept to just pass by it and not check out the little bags of coffee that I spotted displayed on a shelf at the far
by Marco4hand, 37 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 211

Streitman CT1/ NP pressure gauge kit adjustment

{image} I will copy and paste his reply (with his permission) here. He included a photo, I hope to add that as well 1. option - unscrew the gauge carefully (holding the base only) and remove the needle (see attached picture) - reset the needle at 0 bar, we can check roughly the accuracy with a bathroom
by warlock, 42 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 3 Views: 99

One green bean - 2 separate roasted products?

Ohh cool, I'll try to search the forum with the keyword
by another_jim, 44 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 1 Views: 28

Quest M3 contact

My impression is that she isn't all that communicative but has been ultra-reliable. Expect your replacement heaters to show up without fanfares, text messages, or google map progress reports
by cafeIKE, 44 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 2869 Views: 285404

Niche Zero grinder

The advice to have a grinder running when adjusting applies more to hoppered than single shot grinders. The reason you want a hoppered grinder running is that you can jam the motor so it won't start. Been adjusting my Zero for 3½ years for espresso only with no ill effects
by Pressino, 45 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 2 Views: 50

Water Advice for BWT

Did you buy it new or used? That's a heck of a lot of scale (if that's what it is) inside the grouphead. I note that there appears to be none inside the topside copper pipe. Could be the chrome plating has corroded away (high chloride?) as this has been associated with profuse scale accumulation on plated e61 mushrooms.
by warlock, 47 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 24 Views: 647

Storing 25-50 kg coffee greens

Hahah 40 years, that's just too much to ask Ps. I did hear the stuff about sweet /fruity beans loose some of that profile over time. Again this is just out of YouTube videos, not a personal experience. None the less, this discussion was really helpful. Thanks guys