Recent Posts

by LObin, 3 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 170 Views: 41344

New Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder

I'm a huge lever head. An Olympia Cremina is a dream machine for a lot of people, understandably. Some of the best shots I've had were pulled on my 79 Europiccola which has a very similar profile. But... There's a certain level of temperature surfing and a lack of flexibility that you find in a Synchronica (with added flow control)...
by heytchap, 4 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1125 Views: 103828

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

The niche is pretty crap for filter, so I'd think long and hard before doing it.
by Peter Venkman, 7 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 6 Views: 82

Need your help with developing organized espresso recipes

I agree, scientific is the wrong term... I meant Organized. ( english is not my native language... so i sometimes take shortcuts ) Thanks for the link, i will look into it. 18G basket for me is already a big step from my 22G i would pull with the appartamento ! so for now, i'll settle for 18, but like...
by HB, 7 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 26 Views: 458

Single-boiler E61+PID espresso machine: A rude awakening about temperature stability

Bluenoser covered this already, but maybe a simple analogy will help those following along: If I measured the temperature a few inches from the heating vent, I would conclude the room temperature varies 30+ degrees throughout the day. Where I'm sitting, which is what really matters, it only varies by a degree or two. OTOH, if you measured with the...
by Peter Venkman, 10 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 6 Views: 82

Need your help with developing organized espresso recipes

Thanks crwper. Good suggestion. I did watch this video many times. I paused, did screen capture and took some notes. I think the excel file i did is just a way to organize what i've tried and liked vs what i've tried and didn't like. Like a map. Once i've tried these 12 shots, i've decided on what i prefer,...
by hankbates, 19 minutes ago in Espresso Machines

Single-boiler E61+PID espresso machine: A rude awakening about temperature stability

Seems to me that we are trying to make a batch process into a continuous process here. Everything stops and starts when brewing coffee, driving down the expressway with your cruise control is pretty much steady state. Sure, the E61 thermosyphon and PID both help to maintain stability, but an equilibrium really cannot be achieved when coffee grounds heat up...
by boren, 24 minutes ago in Espresso Machines

I always flush water after each shot, to clean the screen. I don't flush again before turning off the machine. If measuring at the grouphead one shot is at 87c and another is at 95c, isn't that meaningful? Do you see any chance that such measurements could result in temperature at the coffee bed being similar to each other? I'd...
by cyclezib, 25 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 10 Views: 393

Spring Lever accidents

I don't see a big risk from a spring lever machine. You learn of the hazard and act accordingly. There are many hazards in a home such as a garbage disposal, low beam on a stairwell, standing on the top rung of a ladder, etc. You've let the lever slip twice due to wet hands. Obviously, you now are sensitive...
by OneAndOne, 29 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 7525 Views: 1205937

Post a pic of your home espresso setup...

Just their steaming pitcher drying upside down.
by ykeinan7, 29 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 10 Views: 213

Rocket Evoluzione 2 - Fixing control board

Where can I find the electric diagram of the Rocket Evoluzione 2 (2014 model, without PID)?