Recent posts

by homehbahrishsta
4 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 34
Views: 3443

DF83v vs DF64v (I have both)

Hey, it's been a few month, did you end up returning it or seasoning some more? Did the issue go away/get solved? I'm on the lookout for a new flat burr and both of these grinders are within my price range but I'm a bit put off by posts like this, wanted to see if the issue persists. Thanks!
by mgrayson
32 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 49
Views: 3188

ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva owner experience

Looking at the left side, I see some small damage to the finish where a side impact from the panel would hit it. I couldn't have caused that, so I don't know what to think. I will, as you suggested, send all of these pictures to ACS (through Maria?) and see what they say. {image} Matt
Advertisement
by Cranked
41 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 6
Views: 128

Hopper fed grinder

Thanks all. WLL has Ceado e6p on sale. Does anyone have specific knowledge of this grinder versus the others mentioned? 64mm platform is tempting (also super jolly). Thanks
by DaveC
42 minutes ago

Taking the last photo first, that looks like a hexagonal (so it won't rotate) rivnut that was put into the steel with too much force on a misadjusted air tool. I have used the air tool to fit them before and you have to be careful with a different adjustment for thickness of metal and size of rivnut. The Evo
by DaveC
43 minutes ago

taking the last photo first, that looks like a hexagonal (so it won't rotate) rivnut that was put into the steel with too much force on a misadjusted air tool. I have used the air tool to fit them before and you have to be careful with a different adjustment for thickness of metal and size of rivnut. The Evo
by mgrayson
1 hour ago
Replies: 10
Views: 339

ACS lever safety system

Thank you! I'm looking forward to it. Retrofittable is nice
by mgrayson
1 hour ago
Replies: 69
Views: 2414

ACS waiting times

I wrote more in the User Experience thread, but DO download the updated user manual from acs-espresso.it before unpacking. It will spare you a lot of guesswork
by Jake_G
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 20
Views: 912

Shot inconsistencies with SSP Cast LS

I had the pleasure of fixing the aforementioned DF64 that was aligned at chirp, but not at all aligned elsewhere. The process to evaluate the adjustment collar was to remove the upper carrier and the bolt that holds the lower carrier. I then mounted a test indicator stud in place of the bolt (i have a few M8
by DaveC
1 hour ago
Replies: 10
Views: 339

ACS lever safety system

One of the things to remember Matt and I do cover it in a video and in some discussions on my forum. The safety system because of the way it operates does allow 2 types of shots, one starting at a pressure of 9 bar and one starting at a pressure of around 10.5 bar. I have my 1 and