Recent Posts

by espressotime, 3 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 9 Views: 170

1957 Urania 2nd gen refurb

The Zodiaco spring at their site had different dimensions from the spring in my machine the last time I checked
by Marcelnl, 57 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 9 Views: 170

1957 Urania 2nd gen refurb

Paul, great that you chime in, I was also wondering about the differences I did not spot initially. Do you also happen to know if all/most Urania's came with the lever for fill/hot water? Mine has a wheel knobwhich is pretty tight at times, and I was thinking to swap it for the lever if I can get my hands
by Botato, Today, 2:31 am in Grinders
Replies: 1347 Views: 156462

Fellow Ode brew grinder review

Was swapping out my V1.1 burrs for new SSP MP burrs and noticed these scratches on the v1.1 burrs. I've only run about 2lbs of medium roast coffee through these so far. Is this normal wear and tear? {image} {image}
by LR3, Today, 2:00 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 0 Views: 11

Kaldi wide 400

I've seen a lot of positive post on this roaster. Where is the best place to purchase it?
by Robph914, Today, 1:36 am in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 13 Views: 358

Brewing times with large flat burr grinder

I completely agree. For the past few weeks, I've been doing one pour V60 17:1 with a 30g dose through my 804 and I've been getting my best results that way. Usually somewhere around ~2:45. I would totally recommend it!
by DamianWarS, Today, 12:07 am in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 5 Views: 227

Pour over rate in grams/sec - is 2.5g/sec standard?

I have the same scale and I was surprised at how slow you had to pour to hit it's sweet spot. I think one issue with pour rate is it's not the whole story as already brought up here from Gagne his work shows that pouring is not one-dimensional and so scales like the Acaia can only measure one
by nameisjoey, Yesterday, 11:29 pm in Coffees
Replies: 3 Views: 33

Looking for a lighter decaf

decaf beans will typically appear darker than their caffeinated counterparts. The decaffination process darkens the green beans and this darker shade holds through the roasting process as well
by TallDan, Yesterday, 11:21 pm in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 7 Views: 224

The 6th annual Chicago/Milwaukee BBQ/Tapas/Now Pizza Party

Just filled it out. Now you have two that can't make the 23rd
by zefkir, Yesterday, 10:50 pm in Grinders
Replies: 18 Views: 1216

Lagom P64 dual usage?

One of the main advantage of single dosing is being able to switch between different beans on a shot to shot basis, so you're switching between grind sizes already