Recent Posts

by ShotClock, 5 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 11 Views: 763

Versalab M4, current thoughts?

Dominique - What is the workflow like for pour-over? Is it as good as with espresso? Are there any problems with switching back and forth between espresso and pour-over? This could be an interesting choice for me for a dual-purpose grinder
by -Toby-, 11 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 771 Views: 75312

Weber Key Grinder

Of course those values in the manual are just ideas about where to start and will need some adjustments. But with the niche you have a variety from ibrik to french press within 360 degrees of rotation of that dial. (At least that is how I understand the Niche, I don't own one) But with the key this
by JRising, 16 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 65

Confusion with OPV adjustment, Rocket Cellini V2

In the photo the ball valve is open, so the pump's OPV is "In Use". The pump's OPV is the lower setting, perhaps 9.5 bars. You have to close the ball valve to prevent that (blue arrow) valve off from the circuit. Running the pump with the ball valve closed and the blind basket in place
by j26263, 17 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 11 Views: 229

ECM Synchronika vs Lucca M58

I wanted to thank everyone again for the great info. This is exactly what I needed, between the replies, the 200+ views and my initial thoughts I've decided to go with the ECM Synchronika. The larger userbase (and logical future part availability) is what finally won me over. I'll post pictures after we move and it's all set up
by espressotime, 17 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 58 Views: 2568

NEW KvdW Lever Group!

Still don see the advantage of atwo group machine unless you regularly have 6 people at the same time wanting coffee
by espressotime, 24 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 58 Views: 2568

NEW KvdW Lever Group!

Piston seal replacement takes 10 minutes. You can't go 10 minutes without coffee every 10 years or so?
by j26263, 26 minutes ago in Buying Advice

Where I am is fairly devoid of good coffee shops, roasters, and consequently any of the supporting infrastructure like repair shops. Any of the restaurants or the coffee shops that do exist all seem to be using Simonelli machines, and I'm sadly not interested in any I've seen so far. Whatever machine I order I am going to have to
by j26263, 33 minutes ago in Buying Advice

That's a beautiful setup, thanks so much for the information. I think with all the guidance here I'm leaning towards the ECM
by Randy G., 35 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 1 Views: 56

Espresso extraction time - is it normal to prefer 40s or more?

The key w.ord in the subject of your post is "prefer." If you have tried "A" and "B," and you like "B" better, then logic dictates that you should work on refining "B." Your 'preference' is your normal.. for now
by jbviau, 45 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 757 Views: 78368

Orphan Espresso Apex Grinder

Welcome! I'm glad you bolted this down to a sturdy chopping block. That's been my approach since Dec. 2018. The "smoother CCW" grinding tip I've read here a few times is something I haven't really experienced. I think it might be related to burr break-in. Anyway, something I do notice myself doing is alternating between ~3 revolutions CW