Recent Posts

by RyanP, less than a minute ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 20 Views: 599

Lever Wanted

I have owned both a Strietman and a Londinium R at different times for around 3 years each. The Londinium is just consistent reliable espresso when and how you want it. Walk up and pull. You can pull 6 shots in a row without any temperature issues and each shot will come out exactly the same. I love this machine...
by cafeIKE, 5 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5 Views: 78

Expobar Brewtus Steam Overpressure

Can you post a image of your machine front, and as many of the inside as you think necessary. Your profile says Expobar Brewtus III, but we are looking at and Office Leva EB {image}
by LBIespresso, 20 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 6 Views: 127

Klatch Tanzania Zanzibar Peaberry

Personally I don't think it is a good idea to touch the diffuser during a roast. It makes for too large of a change without simultaneously changing the air and then you start getting into the territory of unrepeatable changes. I roast with it open or closed. Still working out which coffees do best with which though. For fun, try...
by redbone, 23 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 3 Views: 137

Easiest lever machine I could source parts for and self service in the US?

Parts on popular vintage machines are easy to source in the U.S. due to the volume of machines states side. Further Francesco with the L.P. Europiccola will often add a ring to boiler allowing for the current boilers to be utilized in the event the current older style needs to be replaced. He will also swap out the element for...
by CathyWeeks, 25 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 0 Views: 6

Adjustments made for specific coffees?

So, I've been trying to master pour-over, and I discovered the following: 1) I disliked pour-over for one coffee - the flavors were off-putting, and I preferred Aeropress for it. 2) In a different coffee, I discovered that my standard grind settings and ratio didn't work well. Normally grind at 3.0 on the Ode, and use 18g of coffee for...
by randytsuch, 27 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 39 Views: 846

Scales and design

You're right, my bad. Deleted post
by mdmvrockford, 29 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 3 Views: 91

What are some "lifetime" / "end-goal" espresso machine and grinder options?

I will go out on a limb here: in triangle testing (or blinded testing), I doubt even the uber palates like home-barista moderators will be able to tell significant differences for any espresso bean from (a) Robot & Helor 106 vs. (b) say Paul Pratt Urania & Robur S/Monolith Conical V4. Nor will they be able to tell significant difference...
by Pressino, 31 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4 Views: 88

Mazzer grinder adjustment - chrome plating is ruined

The chrome remaining inside the numerals gives a nice contrast effect.
by Djuan214, 36 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4 Views: 117

Starbucks Barista leaks, help!

Thank you all for replying so what im going to do is replace the compartment pieces of group head. I already made an order and should take a few weeks to receive {link}
by cuppa, 38 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 3 Views: 91

What are some "lifetime" / "end-goal" espresso machine and grinder options?

Thank you, I realised I forgot to explain that part of my title right after i posted it. By lifetime, I mean something that will last a long time, and also pretty much extract the best coffee possible from a given set of beans, and the only limitation is someone's skill level. If 5k is too low for that, what...