Recent posts

by homeburrero
1 minute ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 33
Views: 756

Water, no scale? no corrosion? For reservoir espresso machines

^^^^ Excellent way to do concentrates. The revised Barista Hustle recipes also use this 1000 ppm as CaCO3 strength for both concentrates. Makes it all so easy -- add 20 ml of concentrate to make 1 liter and you have added 20 ppm as CaCO3 to your GH or KH. Note that where these recipes
by INIT6
9 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 2
Views: 6

Turin/MiiCoffee DF54 Burr Binding Problem?

Oof I'm sure that'd work but that seems risky! "Making adjustments to grind setting while motor is running"
Advertisement
by exidrion
21 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 5
Views: 88

Breville Dual Boiler gurgling, Brand New machines x 2

From what I can remember of my Oracle (i had to get it repaired numerous times, one being my fault) - that sounds like normal boiler filling of a brand new machine and you've misconstrued it for something faulty. Especially 2 in a row, that's super unlikely. At least try and pull a few coffees
by Jonk
24 minutes ago

Try adjusting with the motor on whenever you go a lot finer
by INIT6
37 minutes ago

Out of the box issue with the DF54, unfortunately... When adjusting the grind from 75 to 15 and running the motor it appears that the burrs are 'locked' or 'jammed' and not spinning freely. I can't turn the adjustment collar past 65 at which point the burrs become locked and non-spinning. If I go back up 5-10 in grind
by godlyone
41 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 9
Views: 226

Rio Lisa Junior

Nice job - pid install looks good but agree that it may not like the heat up there I did a restore on a very similar machine: "Astoria SAE Junior (CMA/Laurentis/RIO) Refurbish Log" The pid is not very useful for this machine since it's a heat exchanger You need to flush the group head before pulling a
by howard seth
44 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 21
Views: 670

Highest chance of success - roasters

I've been roasting at home for 20 years - different roasters - not the really expensive ones - though my current original model Behmor is not really cheap, like a modified popcorn roaster would be. They have a few of those poppers at Sweet Maria's - I may give one a try someday. I roast by ear - listening
by DerSchoeneBahnhof
48 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 36
Views: 1024

Latte Art Diagnosis

Interesting, so the push is to make more room for the ripples to come? I always get hearts that are too thick probably because lack of push
by lemmycaution217
52 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Views: 21

Checking Bezzera Strega P/I and Brew Pressure with Portafilter Pressure Gauge

Thank you for the reply and the info. It is very helpful! Took a look at the manual and I see now that the relief valve is set to 12bar. I see what you mean that the pressure gauge may not be super useful most of the time. I'm thinking it would be most useful if I installed
by Jeff
1 hour ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 33
Views: 756

Water, no scale? no corrosion? For reservoir espresso machines

I make my concentrates with baking soda and Epsom salt in RO/DI water. I mix into one-liter bottles and then pour out what I need when I make my one-liter batches of mixed water. My notes say 1.68 g/kg -- Sodium bicarbonate -- NaHCO₃ 2.46 g/kg -- Epsom salts -- MgSO₄*7H₂O Weighing out to 10 mg is