Recent Posts

by TallDan, 5 minutes ago in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 33 Views: 647

Chicago-Milwaukee-NW Indiana Area Get Together

Looking forward to tomorrow! If we have MD 20/20 and alka seltzer, I can even have my favorite "sparkling wine"!* I'm not really too sure what qualifies as "interesting" things to bring for this group. I'm planning to bring my v1.0 Decent DE1+ and Flat Max with LM Shuriken. I could also bring my Ditting if anyone has interest playing...
by Airbornewilly, 8 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 132

High-end espresso machines

I went from a E61, to a Linea Mini, and finally a Slayer. While they all have been great machines in one way or another, the Slayer is an entirely different beast. I feel the exact same way as Spressomon lol. I cannot believe how much I look forward to waking up just to play with the Slayer again. I'm...
by kaptain_zero, 10 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 9 Views: 357

Are there any options to the Profitec Pro 700?

Just an update, should anyone care. I have, after almost 1 year of thinking, decided to upgrade to the Profitec Pro 600. It fits my kitchen and uses a less expensive vibratory pump, which, if it ever fails, has a much more appealing price tag than a rotary pump. I considered the plumb in question, but I doubt I would...
by braxtonjens, 12 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 3 Views: 304

Mazzer Super Jolly + Fellow Ode Brewing Burrs

Any updates on how your enjoying those burrs? Are your burrs 1.0 or 1.1?
by kaptain_zero, 22 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 104 Views: 9091

The Matrix Shower Screen

I'm just wondering if PIXIllate has had enough time to evaluate the Matrix. I sold him mine as I didn't find it worthwhile to me. Yes, it made a very small difference, but not enough in my personal opinion. I went back to my IMS Precision screen (the non coated version). Christian
by another_jim, Today, 12:12 am in Cafes and Get-togethers

I see a blind tasting on the horizon
by Paul_Pratt, Today, 12:07 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 47

Faema President 1-Group Restoration/Maintenance

That is a lovely original machine, shame about the top plexi that would annoy me no end. The modern plexis are a darker colour and a bit out of place. The only non original part I can see if the plastic drain box, understandable as the aluminium ones corrode and and they usually have to be cut out. I would...
by Prairiedawg, Yesterday, 11:59 pm in Cafes and Get-togethers

I'm bringing coffee and some Mad Dog 20/20
by dcoplan, Yesterday, 11:51 pm in Water
Replies: 3 Views: 33

Solis Barista Perfetta - water? filter?

Yup, I do have buildup on my shower head. Appreciate the feedback. Sounds like it's simply not worth messing around with trying to treat the tap water even though I hear the minerals can be good for coffee flavor. Do you have this machine or you were just thoughtful enough to reply to my post?
by spressomon, Yesterday, 11:09 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 132

High-end espresso machines

I don't know, I messed around with a few different machines over the past 22-years of 'at-home espresso making', always and sometimes quickly getting to the end game with them for one or more reasons. I'm not in the fan club of E61 group machines...ditto for single group levers. If I went back to a lever machine, and the chances...