Recent Posts

by exidrion, 4 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 5 Views: 103

Breville Oracle Touch "descale open" error, HELP!

Monthly?!. That's extremely excessive and most likely not what Breville recommends..seems like an ill informed tech. Did you ever get the descale message in the 2 years prior? The manual says to do it when you get the message, I've never gotten the message and use good water. So far so good.
by homeburrero, 7 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 6 Views: 60

Need insights on my current water for the Lelit Bianca

Yes, I think you're fine for now. You may be able to find out your chloride level by contacting your water utility. Make sure they know that you are interested in chloride rather than chlorine. The Maxtra filter does contain some WAC resin -- almost all pitcher filters do. No cause for alarm because I think the amount of resin...
by walr00s, 14 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 0 Views: 4

Dominican Republic Ramirez Estate Aged Natural

I'm enjoying this bean quite a bit, however it has behaved differently in the roaster than any other bean I have tried so far. It seems to take a lot more heat to carry it through to 1C in ~10-11 minutes. And when it finishes, there's wild variance in bean color. Some beans appear to be nearly into 2C, and...
by cafeIKE, 35 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 7 Views: 211

One Niche Zero; Decaf coffee at night. Drinking caffeine?

Gary, I'd like to see the ejecta from a blow job Is it done pre grind to remove dried stales, post grind into the cup or discarded. I'm serious as I have a Niche.
by ziptie, 36 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 84

I'm planning to test the extraction phenomenon with a transparent basket.

That looks very steampunk. I love it!
by jlehet, 54 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2004 Views: 141709

Greens Alert

Yes, using Artisan, and I often pay attention to % roast for 1C. But for this roast I was going more by intention: I was planning to drop just at the end of 1c, whenever that was. But then as it was I just had a feeling I should drop while it was still cracking -- which I think was...
by Jeff, Today, 9:22 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 57

Nuova Simonelli Oscar II question, pause in use for more than 8 hours

While it is valuable to periodically draw water from the steam boiler to prevent the mineral concentration from rising and causing scale, draining the boiler daily seems excessive for a home user. Draining the boiler "dry" sounds very strange to me. A cup (250 mL) every day or even once a week is probably fine, assuming you're starting with "non-scaling"...
by checkwhatsleft, Today, 9:08 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 57

Nuova Simonelli Oscar II question, pause in use for more than 8 hours

There are two ways to empty the boiler of Oscar II, one was at the left side of the boiler that has a nut with screw glue sealed, it is quite difficulty to remove it, another one is easier, heat up boiler until its heating elements stop to heat, turn off the machine, unplug the power cord, turn the machine...
by tinay09, Today, 8:26 am in Water
Replies: 6 Views: 60

Need insights on my current water for the Lelit Bianca

Thanks homeburrero. Im going to have to find a test kit of some sort to measure chloride and report back. Currently, Im using a Brita with Maxtra+ Filter and kept the Lelit Water softener in the tank. Should be okay for now, right?
by IamOiman, Today, 8:22 am in Knockbox
Replies: 424 Views: 47434

Bragging Rights Thread: Great Coffee Gear Scores!

He had these two guys as well but sold them to Gaggia years ago (I think the pics are taken at their new spots at Gaggia's museum). I would have seriously tried getting these too if he had them still The 3 group was 5000 {image} {image}